Apple Will Unveil Its Streaming Video Service on March 25

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
“It’s show time”: Apple has sent out an invite for its next event on March 25, which indicates an official unveiling of the company’s long-rumored streaming video service. While the actual launch is reportedly months away, Apple is expected to tease some of its original TV content, which includes stars such as Jennifer Aniston and Steve Carell. A Bloomberg report suggests the company wants to win an Oscar badly.

Apple is spending billions of dollars on projects that feature stars like Jennifer Aniston and Kevin Durant, and producers such as J.J. Abrams. It’s also building a slate of films from Oscar-winning studios A24 and Cartoon Saloon. The company is racing to complete content deals with partners by this Friday, Bloomberg News reported this week. Apple will charge for some content, while other video will be free for Apple device users.

This market is too crowded. I like having choice - but I only have so much free time I will spend on watching TV (and am only willing to spend a certain amount of money)

This market is too crowded. I like having choice - but I only have so much free time I will spend on watching TV (and am only willing to spend a certain amount of money)
I know, this new freedom to get us away from cable, has caused an over abundance of options with everything fragmented.

The problem is that they all are making their own unique original content. It is going to cause consumers to end up with several streaming services.

Back