Apple will remotely install software to scan all US phones for child sex abuse images

Nasty_Savage

Fully [H]
As has been explained to you multiple times, the only reason the scanning was legal in the first place is because the scanning was taking place on Apple servers. Apple will no longer be scanning their own property but instead someone else's property and thus it's not legal.
Correct answer in my opinion. Forcing unwanted software on your own device means they should immediately reimburse every Iphone purchase of every active phone. I find it entertaining that anti Apple android users think this is the apocalypse. Yo! Google!!! Pinko commie organization too!

Until a competitor cones along thats viable…you can only choose between mustard and ketchup on your turd sammich…

jahsoul

Gawd
Correct answer in my opinion. Forcing unwanted software on your own device means they should immediately reimburse every Iphone purchase of every active phone. I find it entertaining that anti Apple android users think this is the apocalypse. Yo! Google!!! Pinko commie organization too!

Until a competitor cones along thats viable…you can only choose between mustard and ketchup on your turd sammich…
Before app developers paved the current landscape, we had these options. I miss BB10 so much. *staring at BB Passport* :(

Usual_suspect

Limp Gawd
I wonder how often these scans will take place? Once a day? Once a month? Every time you take a new photo/download a photo? What kind of effect will it have on battery life?

I think it's BS but what options are there really? Android which is ran by the "Do No Evil" Google, or "The not-1984" Apple? Sucks when there's what seems to be an oligopoly in the smart phone section with little to no choice for the end-user.

jahsoul

Gawd
I was rooting for Librem 5, but its still a steaming pile unfortunately
Yeah....*sigh* I was rooting for a lot of alternatives but at the end, we only have 2, which will then pilfer everything that made the other systems awesome and folks who have never looked outside will act as though it is the greatest thing to ever hit a mobile device.

Nasty_Savage

Fully [H]
Yeah....*sigh* I was rooting for a lot of alternatives but at the end, we only have 2, which will then pilfer everything that made the other systems awesome and folks who have never looked outside will act as though it is the greatest thing to ever hit a mobile device.
If Librem actually got it together one of those two jerks would buy it 🤪

cybereality

[H]F Junkie
I tried the KDE phone, it was okay. I mean, you could do basic stuff like browse the web or use a terminal, but you miss out on a lot of useful iOS/Android apps.

A phone these days is almost nothing without the apps. So while there do exist Linux privacy phones, they are really only for hardcore desperado hackers or something. Not anything that is relevant for normal people.