Apple Watch Sells Out Almost Instantly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember the Beenie Baby craze? They were literally worthless stuffed animals, and people went crazy for them because of perceived greater demand than supply. Its proof that marketing matters more than product.
Image and accessory is everything.

Apple loves to do the same thing, and I think Simpson's recently made fun of them where a guy asked for an iPod and they had an Apple salesman say "let me see if we have any left" and reached back through a curtain where they had millions piled up and said "looks like you got the last one". LOL! :D
Just a nitpick, but that was Futurama and the Eye-Phone.

SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!

so many suckers.....

not surprised 1 bit though.

Yep, it's true...they sold three of them and have orders for six more...! Who'd a thunk it? It's surprising that even three people bought it, but what do I know?

I'll admit i was originally apprehensive of getting out of bed at all today until i remembered, with the help of my scheduling butler, the arrival of apples newest wristwatch. Perusing my collection of rare finds from Rolex this morning in the yachts leisure room, as I certainly couldn't bare the shame of being seen in public without a standard timepiece, I chose to dress down as I'd be among the city folk today. Stepping off my yacht and into my helicopter, I could hardly contain my anticipation and as soon as I arrived and my driver was upon the tarmac, I made haste toward the perignon and reclined albeit only subtly in the hand stitched leather seating of the Bentley (I'm told the city people mostly confine themselves to Bentley and i shouldn't wish to cause a stir.) Finally, after what seemed an eternity of film and caviar I arrived at the Apple store, gazed longingly at the line, and took delivery of my very own Apple watch from my travel liaison.

Give me a break... All the people in here trash talking the watch are the same ones who, a few days ago, said it was going to flop. The same people who literally think that if you buy a watch made by Apple it makes you stupid or a douche. You guys are the douches... you think the people buying watches give a flying foock what you think? They don't... The watch may not be everyone's cup'o tea but acting like a god damn child and throwing a tantrum because some company released a product you're not going to buy makes YOU the retard in this equation.

Technology is getting exciting again finally, just be glad we're starting to get new ideas coming to fruition instead of acting like a bunch of turd burgers.

There are much more pressing matters you could be focusing rage on... Like getting rid of the federal reserve, or corruption, or anything really. The problem here is you...

Don't buy the damn watch if you don't like it, but please don't call people names who do, unless you're five. wtf...

It isn't about that, Apple has a way of doing something and making it look like they did something they didn't. Their marketing is genius, we're just pointing out why their genius works, it is because they have so many people with money that are told they need one. They go out in masses and buy them. Apple while not the first will go out and say we were first. They they will say well we were the most successful. They had awards for the device (likely paid for) to boost sales even before the device was available. Genius marketing, maybe, shady tactics, definitely. This Apple Watch doesn't do much an Android Wear device doesn't do. The Android Wear devices even do better on things like notifications and better battery life. But we are told that Apple is just awesome and Android is some cheap crap from the iSheeple because theirs cost more it must be better, when in reality it is nothing more than the same thing for more money in most cases. People who pay more feel this insecurity that they have to defend their purchases while others show off what their cool new devices are doing. Am I against paying for a high end device? No. I am against paying more for less.

Hilarious how many people say "Apple sheeple". Yet I'd say the past few years the "Android sheeple" have been by far the most sheepish of them all.

I own an Android, but I don't feel the need to blast people who enjoy Apple products. (Though the Apple watch has no use for me).

This thread is probably one of the best I've read in a while. It's refreshing to see the community arguing about a watch instead of a web browser, brand of CPU, political party, console, gender, arrest, firmware, driver, operating system, electric car, CEO, salary, or phone. :D

And they will be up on the secondary market for sale in a couple weeks after people figure out that having to charge a watch every day is not worth the effort for the benefit of checking you IMs and the weather.

Its a fairly valid concern in society what people spend their money on. Because buying decisions effect us all. If tons of people buy macs then other companies start copying apple and that leads us all down a road of shit. This is exactly what happened in the PC laptop market, and the phone market. Tons of features I used to enjoy on laptops have simply disappeared because of the success apple same with selection in general as companies have trimmed down how many different laptops they offer. Things like normal keyboard that don't blow like Chiclet keyboards, finger print readers, removable and upgradeable parts etc..... Same for phones. If you are hoping the market will go in a certain direction and a million sheeple keep pushing it in the opposite direction you can end up with years of disappointing devices. Case in point the galaxy S6 which has lost a ton of functionality because Samsung didn't get the sales they wanted out of the very competent galaxy S5 and apple didn't have any problem selling more iphones than ever when they were hardly any different than an HTC one. IMO watches are not a bad thing but they aren't a $300+ item, smart watches as accessories to smart phones should be $100 max, that puts them in the range of a blue tooth headset and just about any other expensive accessory.

So I know its all PC to say it shouldn't matter what anyone else does but its just that PC, what other people do does and always has mattered as it effects us all.

I agree with the assessment, and I think this is part of why windows 8 was/is a humongous POS. However, sadly, the future is this constricted/controlled 'app' and cloud monetized tech 'ecosystem'.

It isn't about that, Apple has a way of doing something and making it look like they did something they didn't. Their marketing is genius, we're just pointing out why their genius works, it is because they have so many people with money that are told they need one. They go out in masses and buy them. Apple while not the first will go out and say we were first. They they will say well we were the most successful. They had awards for the device (likely paid for) to boost sales even before the device was available. Genius marketing, maybe, shady tactics, definitely. This Apple Watch doesn't do much an Android Wear device doesn't do. The Android Wear devices even do better on things like notifications and better battery life. But we are told that Apple is just awesome and Android is some cheap crap from the iSheeple because theirs cost more it must be better, when in reality it is nothing more than the same thing for more money in most cases. People who pay more feel this insecurity that they have to defend their purchases while others show off what their cool new devices are doing. Am I against paying for a high end device? No. I am against paying more for less.

At this point, their marketing is not genius, its really just average for a high-price item.. what is still incredible to me, it the amount of press they get. A lot of fluff pieces about their next crap ect.
Its really surprising they still get all the press/TV they get.
A lot on android devices reviews I have read, usually start with the negative, and its usually a lot of nitpicking crap that makes no real sense.
Crap, I have only used lower-end android stuff (long term use), and it works great.. I have borrowed high end Samsung, and they are incredible, so fast and sharp looking. The ease of use of android is really awesome.
Honestly I have only borrowed idevices rarely, I could not figure out how to send a picture message (from a pic I just took), the owner did, but it took a while (doesn't use the phone too often I guess).
It was really surprising 2 adults could not do this right away, this is one of the most basic functions of cell phones since cameras where added, yes I have been dealing with tech for most of my life, I should be able to sent an image in a message (I don't know if there's other ways to do it, but on the iphone it was like go to the image, then do something to work the message, I was trying to do the message and attach the image.. I guess that's not the apple way or something, I don't know it still seems so weird, there must have been something we missed, but still why was it missed to begin with, makes no sense).

Apple was going to "sell out" regardless. It's a part of their marketing strategy, even if they only sold 10% of their stock they're artificially limit demand to make it seem more interesting.

At this point, their marketing is not genius, its really just average for a high-price item.. what is still incredible to me, it the amount of press they get. A lot of fluff pieces about their next crap ect.
Its really surprising they still get all the press/TV they get.
A lot on android devices reviews I have read, usually start with the negative, and its usually a lot of nitpicking crap that makes no real sense.
Crap, I have only used lower-end android stuff (long term use), and it works great.. I have borrowed high end Samsung, and they are incredible, so fast and sharp looking. The ease of use of android is really awesome.
Honestly I have only borrowed idevices rarely, I could not figure out how to send a picture message (from a pic I just took), the owner did, but it took a while (doesn't use the phone too often I guess).
It was really surprising 2 adults could not do this right away, this is one of the most basic functions of cell phones since cameras where added, yes I have been dealing with tech for most of my life, I should be able to sent an image in a message (I don't know if there's other ways to do it, but on the iphone it was like go to the image, then do something to work the message, I was trying to do the message and attach the image.. I guess that's not the apple way or something, I don't know it still seems so weird, there must have been something we missed, but still why was it missed to begin with, makes no sense).

There is literally a camera icon to the left of the text field for every message you create on an iOS device. You just take a pic from the Messages app and then send it.

From the Camera app, you just tap on the pic you just took and then tap the button with the Arrow coming out of it to send it to someone.

There is literally a camera icon to the left of the text field for every message you create on an iOS device. You just take a pic from the Messages app and then send it.

From the Camera app, you just tap on the pic you just took and then tap the button with the Arrow coming out of it to send it to someone.

yes I had the pic already, no need for another one.. maybe that's why we had to go back to the camera app, look at the pic then send it?

Message>take picture >send ok good.
Message>cant attach already taken file, only take a new one, then go back into camera app> look at pic use the button> then message to make new message?
Is this really like this?
I mean that's how we did it, and what you described seem to corroborate it.. its completely retarded.

So I was in an Apple Store three times over the weekend (i still feel dirty) to get the wife's iPhone 6 fixed (long story but eventually it was replaced for free).

Walked into one yesterday at 1103am. The store opened at 1100am. There had to be 40-50 people already there. Simply unreal.

I sat back and watched a guy play with the Apple Watch. Beautiful device like Apple always makes but man does it lag bad on opening apps. It's so slow. It would drive me insane to use it like that. I'm not saying my Sony SmartWatch 3 is a speed demon (takes me about 2 seconds to open Google Keep on it for example) but to watch them stare at the screen for 5-6 seconds sometimes for an app to launch is beyond me. It's completely unacceptable especially if the report from ZDNET is right and the average price paid for the middle tier watches is $707.

http://www.zdnet.com/article/early-apple-watch-data-average-u-s-pre-order-was-707/

yes I had the pic already, no need for another one.. maybe that's why we had to go back to the camera app, look at the pic then send it?

Message>take picture >send ok good.
Message>cant attach already taken file, only take a new one, then go back into camera app> look at pic use the button> then message to make new message?
Is this really like this?
I mean that's how we did it, and what you described seem to corroborate it.. its completely retarded.

Messages -> tap Camera icon should pull up options for "Photo Library" and "Take Photo or Video"

I am making no claim if you or Apple are retarded here, there are plenty of simple things in iOS and Android that I totally can't find as well. I am just throwing out info on how it normally works :)

If you buy anything made by Apple, you're a zombie sheep douchebag. Because you're willing to spend two or three times this year's prices for last year's technology. That makes you a zombie sheep douchebag.

This is literally the stupidest post I've ever read on here.

I've been here 10 years. 10 YEARS. Congratulations. It is truly an astonishing feat to pull that off.

Is there an app that tells me what I can buy for X amount? Applying inverse logic and getting back something positive would work wonders here.

Beyerdynamic T90 anyone?

I couldn't care less if you are worried about my opinion of you. I've formed my opinion, and that opinion makes me laugh laugh laugh.

I'm sure others do, too. But hey, you don't care!

I'll never understand why people give a shit what others choose to purchase. It literally has no effect on you.

Seriously, how old are you?
That's the sort of question you ask when you're trying to make sure your date is of legal age. Which means you're trying to ask me out. And the answer is: no. You might be heartbroken, but the answer will always remain "no".

That's the sort of question you ask when you're trying to make sure your date is of legal age. Which means you're trying to ask me out. And the answer is: no. You might be heartbroken, but the answer will always remain "no".

Lol! We found ourselves a winner.

I'm going to do a fund raiser to get you a GenMay sub. It would be soooooo much fun.

How does it affect you?

^serious question

Situational IMO.

For women/wife that were raped and got pregnant? up to the mother if she wants to abort. I saw a documentary about this when I was doing my undergrad, in the end, the class agreed that men/husband should offer support and don't tell the women what to do or what not to do. It's not that easy, especially since it's not our bodies and we have to live with it for the rest of our lives. I repreat, it's situational.

There was a question that stood out and all the women in the class agreed, if they were raped and got pregnant, would they keep the rapist baby, even if it's not theirs? 100% of them said they wouldn't keep it.

Same goes for the men, if their spouse/girl friend got raped. Would you want to keep the rapist? 100% of the men agreed that they wouldn't want to keep it

just make the right choices and think thoroughly before taking action!! and no don't blame the hormones.... just don't think with your di*k. We don't live in a perfect world so shit like this is going to happen.

Welcome to humankind my friends.

and yes we are really getting off topic. :) I would buy the Apple Watch!!

Remember the Beenie Baby craze? They were literally worthless stuffed animals, and people went crazy for them because of perceived greater demand than supply. Its proof that marketing matters more than product.

Sort of an apples and oranges situation...Beanie Babies were a line of collectibles whereas Apple products are just highly-priced electronics that will become obsolete at the same rate as all other electronics, and really have no collectible value at all.

I won't buy one but I believe this fosters more development into wearables. I personally have a moto360 and I like it. It has quirks but generally it's good for what I want it to do.

I'd probably buy one when it's thinner and more like a watch.

Scalpers I'm sure will lock up a bunch of these and try to sell them on 3rd party markets for insane markups. Good luck with that!

Remember how the original Microsoft Surface tablet "sold out" in X number of hours after launch? Not hard to do when there's only 400 (or any random low quantity) available in the first place. The iPress is always going to be quick to grab the (meaningless) "sold out" headline. The truth will come out soon enough, just as it did for Surface.

comparing Apple to Microsoft? Apple is a whole league by itself. There is no company like Apple. follow the money and check Wall Street and see why.

I don't buy smartwatch since I don't need one.

but there are many Android geeko here who are hurt by this news. Then call people buying apple watch stupid/sheep.

just because people like and buy something that you don't, it does not mean you are smarter.

if you are in the business to make money, I bet you love to follow apple, creating products that people buy and love. No companies can do things like apple.

I don't buy smartwatch since I don't need one.

but there are many Android geeko here who are hurt by this news. Then call people buying apple watch stupid/sheep.

just because people like and buy something that you don't, it does not mean you are smarter.

if you are in the business to make money, I bet you love to follow apple, creating products that people buy and love. No companies can do things like apple.

Best user name ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back