Apple TV 4K audio really sucks

Solhokuten

[H]ard|Gawd
I own an Apple TV 4k and Nvidia Shield. Both are connected to my Onkyo TX-NR575 home theater setup 5.2.2. The apple TV audio quality is terrible on every app with the exception of content that passes through Dolby Atmos audio. I find myself turning up the volume quite a bit with most content and even then its sounds flat in comparison to other sources such as the shield or even the native TV apps. I've tried every audio setting I can think of and countless suggestions from the inter-webs, but nothing resolves this issue. Has anyone else experienced this issue? Specifically people that have a nice home theater setup and have other devices to compare with the Apple TV.

The Nvidia Shield on the other hand works great for audio and streaming games, but the picture quality of non-4K content isn't as good as the Apple TV. Unlike the Apple TV the Nvidia shield does not have the ability to automatically change between the Rec. 2020 and Rec. 702 color space to match the content source. It really sucks to have to constantly switch between the two devices to get the most out of my setup. Any suggestions or help would be appreciated.

Last edited:
Back