Apple Took Out a CES Ad to Troll Its Competitors over Privacy

proof?

Or just a fanboi ranting on the internet?
Rant?

I seemed to have stated that very plainly and without emotion.

I will provide you proof they do when you can prove they don't.

Pretty sure the fanboy just outed himself. Too funny.:ROFLMAO:

Not quite dude. Have any valid proof that Microsoft has my bank account information or login information? I do not have any Apple devices but, I did login using the bank app on google phone, any proof they have that information?

Absolutely. As with most things in life, the "Devil" is in the details. Here's a "word for word" excerpt from Microsoft's Privacy Statement (see below).

"Finally, we will access, disclose and preserve personal data, including your content (such as the content of your emails, other private communications or files in private folders), when we have a good faith belief that doing so is necessary to: 1.comply with applicable law or respond to valid legal process, including from law enforcement or other government agencies; 2.protect our customers, for example to prevent spam or attempts to defraud users of the services, or to help prevent the loss of life or serious injury of anyone; 3.operate and maintain the security of our services, including to prevent or stop an attack on our computer systems or networks; or 4.protect the rights or property of Microsoft, including enforcing the terms governing the use of the services – however, if we receive information indicating that someone is using our services to traffic in stolen intellectual or physical property of Microsoft, we will not inspect a customer’s private content ourselves, but we may refer the matter to law enforcement."

https://privacy.microsoft.com/en-us/privacystatement/

Windows 10 = Complete and total evisceration of Privacy in every way on all levels (VPN & TOR don't stop Microsoft). Every nuance of interaction and data generated in Windows 10 is collected and shared with federal alphabet spook agencies and sold commercially to whomever Microsoft wishes. Efforts made by the tech savy community to curb / stop this obscene level of data harvesting, are aggressively and routinely broken / reenabled by Microsoft with "undocumented" changes in new patches that frequently having nothing to do with Telemetry.

After 30+ years on Windows (started with Windows 3.1 / Dos 5.0) I've abandoned it and opted for Linux full time on my main desktop PC because of Microsoft's Orwellian policies. Linux has made massive leaps in the last year with respect to gaming (Proton / Lutris) so the need to dual boot for gaming is now a thing of the past.

MicrosoftNSA.jpg

apple just like all the rest will provide information as requested...so you have no privacy at all

I think people are looking at this from different angles and pointing fingers using just that angle. In terms of how the companies handle your data, lets get this out of the way - comparing Google and Apple is like comparing the new 2019 Mustang GT to an Samsung OLED TV. They aren't even in the came category.

Google is a marketing company. Everything they offer, everything they design, everything you touch as a consumer from them is to leverage that fact. They give you free and cheap products because you pay for it by freely handing them data that they can use to advertise to you. Most people are ok with this since the data generally stops with them. They don't have any history of selling your data to 3rd parties. They store everything you do using their products, even if you delete it. Want to see exactly how much data they keep? Check yourself. I did, and I have things like google map searches with my physical location from +6 years ago still in that portfolio. https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/3024190?hl=en

Apple is a hardware company. They don't need to collect data on you to market. That doesn't mean they don't collect data, they just don't use it the same way Google does. Are they secure? Sure.. to a point. While the fappening did happen, there have been countless hacks of google accounts. Nothing will be completely secure as long as humans aren't completely perfect. Apple does encrypt your data and by default 2 factor authentication is turn on with all iPhones and iPads, but people are people.

Data Mining is the Oil / black gold of the 21st century. Never before have companies and government had such VAST and deeply private information at their fingertips. A VAST amount of what you do connected to and or using a Apple, Google, and in particular Microsoft (the worst of the 3) service / device is being captured / recorded in the interest of profit, research & marketing, and aiding governments all around the world build a more through & complete profile of you for alphabet agencies & law enforcement.

Apple and Google are terrible when it comes to capturing and sharing / selling of your data with "interested" parties, but Microsoft is in a league of it's own. Why do I claim Microsoft is worst of the three? Simple, Microsoft has Superuser access (Windows 10) and can harvest any and all of your personal data (passwords, financial records, private documents, emails, private messaging, every website I visit, search results, pictures of my kids, homemade video's, etc) handed off to the NSA/CIA/FBI and other law enforcement with very loosely defined "other'" applications of that private sensitive data. Then there is the matter of selling our data (what parts and to whom god only knows). Last I checked Apple and Google's Terms of Service while terrible, are not as sweeping, absolute, and all encompassing in what they help themselves to compared to Microsoft. When you "click accept" to the Terms of Service and Privacy Statement in Windows 10 you quite literally agree to sharing anything & everything you do (online and offline) with Microsoft, government alphabet agencies, and to varying degree's interested third parties willing to pay.

We have not even talked about how ISP's are now capturing & cashing in on your "private" online activity / data thanks to their aggressive lobbying (bribing) of Congress to successfully eliminate the previous Broadband privacy rules (2017) and ending / overturning Net Neutrality (2018). Nor have we explored in any detail the vast implications of 5/9/14 Eyes International Surveillance Agreements as Jim Kim pointed out. Suffice to say, the right to privacy (if it involves the Internet in any way) is over. Switching to Linux, VPN, and encrypting your data is your best option for a dramatically reduced spy / data harvesting Internet experience (at least as far as PC's are concerned).

Back