Apple to introduce ringtone plan

But if they do not, people are going to complain so much.
99.9% of my entire music library is bought from CDs since I can have the bitrate that I want and the file type I choose. If they make us purchase a song just so they can then let us pay again to turn it into a ring tone I will be very upset.

It does seem a bit silly that a phone as advanced as the iPhone will not let you use any MP3 stored in it as a ringtone.

Then again, that is one of the big reasons I recently purchased an AT&T 8525 instead of an iPhone. The 8525 has greater overall funcationality, but furthermore acts just like a little computer in my hand. Any supported audio format can be used as a ringtone, regardless of origin (whether DRM free from iTunes or downloaded from Kazaa or whatever the new hot P2P program is).

Yes, it is a bit bigger and the interface isn't as slick, but I prefer the flexibility to style.

It does seem a bit silly that a phone as advanced as the iPhone will not let you use any MP3 stored in it as a ringtone.

Then again, that is one of the big reasons I recently purchased an AT&T 8525 instead of an iPhone. The 8525 has greater overall funcationality, but furthermore acts just like a little computer in my hand. Any supported audio format can be used as a ringtone, regardless of origin (whether DRM free from iTunes or downloaded from Kazaa or whatever the new hot P2P program is).

Yes, it is a bit bigger and the interface isn't as slick, but I prefer the flexibility to style.
Amen. My 8525 arrives Tuesday. :)

If this is true it'll bring a damper to everyone who has already begone getting ringtones for free. Apple will probably plug the hole.

I absolutely can't stand the "ringtone business". Paying for them seems incredible stupid in my opinion (especially with the prices what they are). Then again, I just set my phone to vibrate. ;)

yeah but nothing surfs the web abd has the screen and resolution of the iphone. i have a mogul and even with picsel browser the web pales in compasion to iphone, plus the display alone is worth it i think.

lmao, so this is why Apple didn't allow you to add your own ringtones to the iphone. Apple totally owns you guys (iphone owners.) Go apple.

next, they will charge you to customize your homescreen.

yeah but nothing surfs the web abd has the screen and resolution of the iphone. i have a mogul and even with picsel browser the web pales in compasion to iphone, plus the display alone is worth it i think.

Nokia e70/e90 - higher res screen

I'm surprised that it has taken Apple this long to add this function to the iPhone. There ringtines are kinda lame

this may be the straw that changed apple though. NBC just pulled out of I tunes cause theya re tired of them charging for the episodes. apple is gonna learn a big lesson real soon and i think the iphone is the trojan horse that is gonna bring it on. thier greed is going to be exposed

But the 8925/Kaiser is coming out this fall O_O

It's really no different than the 8525. The major differences are a folding design which is more prone to break, a higher megapixel camera, 64mb additional ram, and a few software differences.

That is rumored as far as I know. It doesn't really matter anyway because I already have GPS for the PocketPC. It comes with Streets & Trips, then you just hook it up via the data cable or bluetooth.

Back