Apple to end free iPhone case program September 30

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
If you bought an iPhone 4 and were waiting to get a free carrying case, don’t wait too much longer, the program will end September 30th.

In an announcement on its website on Friday, Apple said it is discontinuing the free case -- or bumper -- program on all iPhone 4s sold after September 30, as it had originally planned to do. "We now know that the iPhone 4 antenna attenuation issue is even smaller than we originally thought," the announcement said. "A small percentage of iPhone 4 users need a case and we want to continue providing them a Bumper case for free."

So they are coming out with a new revision on the 30th that doesn't have the antenna problem?

"We now know that the iPhone 4 antenna attenuation issue is even smaller than we originally thought,"

Or rather.. they know that the Apple fanboyism is even greater then they thought and know people will continue to buy their crappy products anyway.

It wasn't consistent, they were denying the issue while providing a fix for it… WTF?

It wasn't consistent, they were denying the issue while providing a fix for it… WTF?

This...though they also tried pointing fingers at others to shift focus. That's akin to farting in an full elevator and saying someone else does it too.

Basically some world providers that were to launch the Iphone 4 this year put up a huff that if Apple didn't fix it, the providers were not going to carry the phone and they would legally be able to since it would be considered a negligence of a hardware manufacturer.

The provider in Mexico was one of them.

I have the Iphone 4, and I requested a free case (4-6 weeks to ship is retarded though), but I put my phone in an Otterbox and called it a day. (dropped it the 2nd day w/o the case and corners had road rash :( )

I don't hate the antenna issue, I hate the proximity sensor is completely screwy on this iphone4. Half the time my face touches the phone and puts people on mute or hold.

Even the 4.1 update didn't solve that.

Basically some world providers that were to launch the Iphone 4 this year put up a huff that if Apple didn't fix it, the providers were not going to carry the phone and they would legally be able to since it would be considered a negligence of a hardware manufacturer.

The provider in Mexico was one of them.

I have the Iphone 4, and I requested a free case (4-6 weeks to ship is retarded though), but I put my phone in an Otterbox and called it a day. (dropped it the 2nd day w/o the case and corners had road rash :( )

I don't hate the antenna issue, I hate the proximity sensor is completely screwy on this iphone4. Half the time my face touches the phone and puts people on mute or hold.

Even the 4.1 update didn't solve that.

When 4.1 didn't solve it for me, I called Apple. The immediately said they wanted to overnight me a new phone. It will be here Monday. They seemed pretty confident that I was having a hardware issue.

This...though they also tried pointing fingers at others to shift focus. That's akin to farting in an full elevator and saying someone else does it too.

THIS ^^

When I first read about Apple trying to shift focus on "other products that have the same flaw" I used my HTC and called my friend (in a LOW reception area of Aus) and said he needs to read this crappy news about Apple shifting the blame.

If you want to know, my HTC Magic (pretty much the first android device) has NO antenna issues. When I first read about Steve saying "most smart-phones suffer from this condition" i pretty much went ballistic! HAHAHA

Maybe it's just me, but I got an iPhone 4 and used it without a case for the first week I had it. Never had a dropped call. I've still never put anyone on mute or anything either. In fact, it's been the best phone I've ever owned.

Maybe I'm lucky.

For what it's worth, the iPhone Apple sent me came today. The proximity sensor works great on it. They were right, I had a hardware problem.

I know it's not a new model phone, because it still has the antenna issue without a case.

Back