Apple Stores To Charge Entrance Fee

HardOCP News

[H] News
BBSpot is at it again, this time they have the low down on Apple’s plans to charge admission to its stores. What makes this little faux news item so funny is that you could actually see Apple doing this.

"Part of the move was to limit crowds to keep the stores safe, but also we wanted to keep the right kind of people in the stores," said vice president of retail outlets, Vince Sciopiano. "By 'right kind of people' I mean true Apple customers with money, willing to pay just to look at our newest wares."

well in a way I can see this being a good thing for them but all in all people who don't know anything about apple or very little now wont go in their stores just to look around. I know I wont pay to just browse...if they have a problem with over crowding then they need a bigger store. I think it would be stupid to charge but I can also look at it from their side and see why they would too.

They already have started doing this at the Cali store, which with the explanation it seems fair. The amount of people just walking into the store to "fool" around with the iPhone or other products can become a burden on a store.

They also stated that the $5 fee will go towards a purchase so that you are not "wasting" the money.

well in a way I can see this being a good thing for them but all in all people who don't know anything about apple or very little now wont go in their stores just to look around. I know I wont pay to just browse...if they have a problem with over crowding then they need a bigger store. I think it would be stupid to charge but I can also look at it from their side and see why they would too.

you do realize this is satire, right?

What I can actually see is that they put huge paintings of Jobs in different majestic positions like if he was the emperor of the world. There would be different exposed items Jobs used throughout his life, like a half smoked pot dubbi put under glass for everyone to see. Also in display is one of his black turtleneck iShirt he always wear in conferences.

There will be music played in store from artists that offer their songs through iTunes which Jobs will refuse to pay royalties because he's "promoting" the music. So he'll start charging 8.00$ to get in this exceptional store where it is guaranteed you will not catch a virus.

you do realize this is satire, right?

LOL!!

#1 - I don't think people pay attention (read), they just click links.
#2 - its so plausible that Apple would do something like this, people aren't doubting it!
#3 - I guess not enough people know right off the bat that BBSpot is a satire website

What I can actually see is that they put huge paintings of Jobs in different majestic positions like if he was the emperor of the world. There would be different exposed items Jobs used throughout his life, like a half smoked pot dubbi put under glass for everyone to see. Also in display is one of his black turtleneck iShirt he always wear in conferences.

There will be music played in store from artists that offer their songs through iTunes which Jobs will refuse to pay royalties because he's "promoting" the music. So he'll start charging 8.00$ to get in this exceptional store where it is guaranteed you will not catch a virus.

Haha

Quite honestly, I can see this as actually being completley possible (the whole charging for entrance to the store), lol. And people will pay it too, thats the scarry thing.

lol I kinda thought it was real. Thank goodness BBspot was the first word of the next sentence though. :D

Shame shame on the writer for not calling it an iFee or a iEntrance fee. :D

I was planning on coming in here and complaining to Steve that he shouldn't have told everybody in the news posting that it wasn't a real article. Don't guess enough people know what the word faux means. lol

Haha

Quite honestly, I can see this as actually being completley possible (the whole charging for entrance to the store), lol. And people will pay it too, thats the scarry thing.

Yup thats scary.

Charging people to enter is just fucking stupid. Can they do anything for free or under 400% markup for once in years? Perhaps I'm over-reacting, but as a technician people don't even want to pay for advice or small fixes; let alone an entrance fee to the store!

Am I the only one that will NOT pay my money to go into a store that I may not want to purchase from depending on the products that particular store has in stock or offers. Especially with all of the Apple news lately.

Charging people to enter is just fucking stupid. Can they do anything for free or under 400% markup for once in years? Perhaps I'm over-reacting, but as a technician people don't even want to pay for advice or small fixes; let alone an entrance fee to the store!

Am I the only one that will NOT pay my money to go into a store that I may not want to purchase from depending on the products that particular store has in stock or offers. Especially with all of the Apple news lately.

Did you miss the posts before yours or even note where the information is cited? It's all satire.

...what makes this little faux news item so funny is that you could actually see Apple doing this.

Better not give "St. Steve of Cupertino" any ideas, they might actually start doing this for real. Anyways I think ole Stevie done smoked himself outta reality in the 80's. And Apple fanb0is wonder why their exalted and messianic company only has a 6% marketshare...

rotflmao

iAgree.

fool

Now I understand why so many people fall for email scams etc!
Lack of understanding in the first place and then advice goes straight over their heads lol.
I was immediately suspicious as its a wild step to take.

Having said that, Apple are so conceited, I felt it was possible lol.

Charging people to enter is just fucking stupid. Can they do anything for free or under 400% markup for once in years?

So, how come this is acceptable (the charging of a fee) when it's a high-end sports card store (the Ferrari Store at Wynn Las Vegas) or when it's a high-end auction house (Sotheby's,etc) or a high-end Realtor (any of the Realtors that deal with high-end properties in SoCal/LA), but it's not okay when it's a relatively "high end" computer store?

I understand that the article is satire and I think it's funny for what it is. But, I don't really see a problem with the concept, especially since Apple wants to maintain their high end image by keeping trouble-makers out of the store. And, like all of the others I cited above, they apply the door fee to your cost.

Things like charging a fee to buy a computer are a step in what I've been advocating for years: a license to own and operate a computer. Computers are complex. Much more complex than the level of skill for most computer users. Requiring a licensure process would hammer this point home and force people to realize that they cannot treat their computer with the same blase attitude that they treat their toaster. By charging a door fee for the apple store, apple is doing this to some small degree.

Back