Apple Store Employees Stole And Rated Photos From Female Customers

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
Apple’s investigation has turned up no evidence of this so far, but staff at a store in Carindale, Australia allegedly ran a photo-sharing ring, in which they would swap pictures taken of other female staff and customers and rate them out of 10.

"More than 100 close-up and explicit photos were taken of female staff and customers without their knowledge and photographs were also lifted from some Apple customers’ phones," the publication reported. Four male employees are said to have been fired over the incident, which emerged when a staff member saw another employee looking at a customer's phone in the repair room. An "overseas HR executive" has also reportedly been brought in. "One person would take a photo and add it to the chat and others would give the person or their butt or their boobs a rating out of 10 and they would add their own side commentary," a staff member told the newspaper.

Stealing pictures is wrong, but as far as guys taking pictures and saying what they think about the girls.... eh .... that seems like an odd thing to make into some huge world wide story. There are dozens of sites out there that let you do the same thing. People have always had things where they would sit around with friends and rate people of the other gender (or same gender in some cases) on their looks, their ass, tits.... I remember being in middle school and some boys having a list that they kept rating girls in our classes.

The original article in the The Courier Mail is a paywalled article, so all we get is a second-hand report of accusations by a lurid tabloid that has front page articles with titles like "Coast Cops Bracing For Zombie Apocalypse".

I know it's popular to hate Apple here but you'll be wanting better verification of this story.

The original article in the The Courier Mail is a paywalled article, so all we get is a second-hand report of accusations by a lurid tabloid that has front page articles with titles like "Coast Cops Bracing For Zombie Apocalypse".

I know it's popular to hate Apple here but you'll be wanting better verification of this story.

You doubt that employees at a place that sells phones look through peoples pictures?

Good sir I have a bridge you might be interested in.

You doubt that employees at a place that sells phones look through peoples pictures?

Good sir I have a bridge you might be interested in.
I think it's less doubting that employees look through pictures and more doubting that there was some sort of organized voting pool that they were running and keeping flush with new n00ds.

For the really hot ones?

People do dumber shit than this all the time.
No doubt there's going to be more than a few "dude, check this chick out"'s during the normal course of business. But to claim that there's a secret chatroom where everyone is posting these pictures and apparently voting and critiquing en masse is another thing entirely. Especially when the all seeing Apple can't find any evidence of it.

The Lesbians did it!
It was probably someone jealous that the guys weren't drooling over them.
+1
#Megalithed? is that facebook only thing or what, can't find it on google
Megalith is known in other sub forums for starting threads with what basically amount to shitposts and then never responding to any of the firestorms that inevitability follow. Check out his post history in GenMay if you've got time for a few laughs.

No doubt there's going to be more than a few "dude, check this chick out"'s during the normal course of business. But to claim that there's a secret chatroom where everyone is posting these pictures and apparently voting and critiquing en masse is another thing entirely. Especially when the all seeing Apple can't find any evidence of it.

It isn't that all stores are doing this on a massive scale. Can you not even be bothered to read the 1 sentence for the post here? This all happen at a single store. So you are looking at what, a dozen guys. Nothing more than a group of friends sharing pictures if this was true.

5/7
2016%2F06%2F29%2Fa2%2Fhttpsd2mhye01h4nj2n.cloudfront.netmediaZgkyMDE1LzA0.9fdd0.png

When I was a teen I worked in a photo lab. We're talking 1986, or so. The owner made copies of anything funny or nude. It was definitely interesting.

It isn't that all stores are doing this on a massive scale. Can you not even be bothered to read the 1 sentence for the post here? This all happen at a single store. So you are looking at what, a dozen guys. Nothing more than a group of friends sharing pictures if this was true.
Can you not even be bothered to actually pay attention to the conversation at hand? I mean, it's not like taking a single post out of context before going full autist isn't occasionally funny, it really just comes off as annoying. Especially when your tone is like someone just pissed in your cereal.

It was probably someone jealous that the guys weren't drooling over them.

Megalith is known in other sub forums for starting threads with what basically amount to shitposts and then never responding to any of the firestorms that inevitability follow. Check out his post history in GenMay if you've got time for a few laughs.

he wants us to fight it out while he eats popcorn laughing all the way to the bank?

But it was done by the Apple geniuses. ;)

But it was done by the Apple geniuses. ;)
I just figured that'd mean that it'd be a chatroom called "Nekkid pics from customers devices! Rate 0-10!" Not like these guys are super geniuses or anything. :D There'd have to be evidence. Especially assuming that there's someone, somewhere over at apple that's atleast half competent, which, in light of their recent business decisions, might be questionable.

he wants us to fight it out while he eats popcorn laughing all the way to the bank?
I don't even think he ever comes back to them. Just drops them like turds on a doorstep and moves on.

In today's news... water is wet.

:) j/k

Sadly it's been happening for decades that if you leave something to be worked on un-monitored you're running the risk of getting a bad employee that'll rifle through your stuff.

I just hope worst case scenario don't happen & find out some of those pics were underage girls or possibly worse those who've been abducted & sold into human trafficking rings at some point.

These guys are brilliant. Maybe one day they can start a website where anyone can rate how hot someone is. Oh wait, that's how facebook started.
/rant.

In today's news... water is wet.

:) j/k

Sadly it's been happening for decades that if you leave something to be worked on un-monitored you're running the risk of getting a bad employee that'll rifle through your stuff.

I just hope worst case scenario don't happen & find out some of those pics were underage girls or possibly worse those who've been abducted & sold into human trafficking rings at some point.

Just never leave compromising pics on any device you take in for service.

while you are quite correct in pointing out that this is pretty much clickbait, its clickbait based on credible stuff going on which is just being blown out of proportion. Apple has confirmed that there were people from this store fired for what they called conduct violations,but that it had nothing to do with peoples data or pics being stolen.

i leave it up to you as to how much you believe what apple says though.

Except they were copying pictures off customers phones. No longer harmless.

You should never have any pictures/videos on your phone that you wouldn't mind your mother seeing.
(or anywhere else that's not encrypted with a long password)

Back