Apple Special Event (Sept 12 2018)

I think they will be the same, Apple tried to brute force HDR in the past and while it worked at first they lost the fidelity rate fast. I’ll wait to see the comparisons. Pictures aren’t exactly something I care deeply about which is why I don’t give a crap if I get the cameras with the second lens.
If it is the same as the Google camera then that would be a huge and welcomed improvement.

Last edited:
Recycled? It’s a new body frame, camera, SoC, speaker ... I mean ... lol wut!?!?

You're somehow implying that a "new" iPhone can't be made from recycled components? The copper, the substrates, the gold plating on some components, the plastic,the steel, the glass, the aluminum that makes up the new body frame, etc?

I mean, Apple even goes so far as to point out in each keynote presentation just HOW recyclable their products are, is it that surprising that they might have finally gotten to a point where of those 2 billion iOS devices they've sold (they mentioned that in the keynote last week) a significant portion of them were recycled by Apple itself to actually make enough materials to produce "new" devices with it? Come on... you're not that ignorant. :D

You're somehow implying that a "new" iPhone can't be made from recycled components? The copper, the substrates, the gold plating on some components, the plastic,the steel, the glass, the aluminum that makes up the new body frame, etc?

I mean, Apple even goes so far as to point out in each keynote presentation just HOW recyclable their products are, is it that surprising that they might have finally gotten to a point where of those 2 billion iOS devices they've sold (they mentioned that in the keynote last week) a significant portion of them were recycled by Apple itself to actually make enough materials to produce "new" devices with it? Come on... you're not that ignorant. :D

There is recycling and then there is recycling.
From a cost perspective, it isn't really worth it to reduce down the components to the materials level unless the parts are severely outdated. But considering Apple's supply chain and how quickly they can turnover product, the type of recycling you're referring to probably happens at a near zero rate. As the only components they would ever even consider reducing to that level are components that no longer function. Everything else is disassembled and then reassembled into refurbed phones.
More than that, I don't think that was your original intent.

What's the price of support?
What's the price of a significantly higher resale value?

Is it really a rip-off if Apple is supporting their phones for a significant more number of years?
Well they did upgrade the Honor 6 from KitKat to M. It had a 32-bit chip so that was the max. It's been over two years and my Honor 8 is still receiving updates. Considering that I'll use phone for two to three years, no complaints.

With Nokia the support would be non-issue and one of the best choices if one wants long support and timely updates.

Your Honor 8 was released with Android 6 in the US August 2016 despite Android 7 being available the same month and year. It updated to Android 7 in February 2017, and it is just now getting Android 8, despite that Android 9 is available as well. And, no, your Honor 8 will not get any additional major updates.

Meanwhile, the iPhone 5S, released with iOS 7 in 2013, has iOS 12 just released days ago. So the Honor 8 had 2 years of major outdated updates and yet you find that comparable to an iPhone that had 5 years of major timely updates?!?

I rock an Essential. You don't have to preach to me about Nokia or the Pixel. But those do not have the market compared to an iPhone, not even close even when combined. The current state of Android phones is that they don't get many, if any, major updates, and, like Trimlock says, most of them are packed with bloatware if not useless gimmicks even if you do get updates. Not to mention that the great majority of Android phones sold that will receive major updates will not receive updates the same time as Google releases them. The Android world seems to be all about planned obsolescence.

Sorry, for the original shitty spelling and grammar, as well as missing words...

Last edited:
Your Honor 8, released the US August 2016 with Android 6 which updated to 7 in February 2017 is just now getting Android 8, but it will never Android 9 despite it already being released. Meanwhile, the iPhone 5S, released with iOS 7 in 2013, has iOS 12 just released days ago. So the Honor had one year of major updates and yet you find that comparable to an iPhone that had 5 years of major updates?!?

I rock an Essential. You don't have to preach to me about Nokia or the Pixel. But those does not have the market compared to an iPhone, not even close when combined. The state of Android phones as it is is that they don't get many major updates.
Don't forget, most of those major updates are ruined by OEM bloatware too.

Back