Apple "Space-Ship" Campus Plan Clear For Launch

HardOCP News

[H] News
Apple's space ship campus plan has been approved by the city of Cupertino.

"This new development will provide a serene environment reflecting Apple's brand values of innovation, ease of use and beauty," Apple said in paperwork filed for approval by the city. "The entire campus, indoors and out, is intended to promote shared creativity and collaboration, and spur invention of the next several generations of Apple products," the company said in plan paperwork.

They have no future products. There was iPod, then phonePod, then bigPod. They don't have anything.

Can Apple's "Space-Ship" be the site of a redo of the movie Event Horizon?

Can they build or manufacture anything there?

If not, meh.:eek:

Here's how I imagine how the inside would look:

7652.Halo-ring2.jpg_2D00_610x0.jpg

Good news! The mother ship is at hand, and soon Apple will be blasting off for galaxies unknown! Huzzah!

Good news! The mother ship is at hand, and soon Apple will be blasting off for galaxies unknown! Huzzah!

Will it be like what happened to all the 3rd Class Telephone Sanitizers in Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy?

Will it be like what happened to all the 3rd Class Telephone Sanitizers in Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy?

LMAO

I just remember seeing that city council meeting when that disgusting slag on the council asked Jobs what was in it for the, like free community Wifi... his reply was "how about thousand of high wage jobs? We are willing to relocate."

She shut up.

Probably no new jobs, just getting rid of the few they have scattered around the area, one nice big concentration camp...I mean wonderful new office to work at.

The tech gods are pleased. Once construction is complete the gods will play frisbee. All will be well. :p

So you're actually looking forward to riding the MS failwagon for decades to come? LOL!

LMAO

I just remember seeing that city council meeting when that disgusting slag on the council asked Jobs what was in it for the, like free community Wifi... his reply was "how about thousand of high wage jobs? We are willing to relocate."

She shut up.

Maybe it will be like Prometheus. And once they're in deep space the undead CEO will re awaken only to get killed by a very large angry albino body builder with lovely eyes.

I personally would Pay-Per-View to see that.

Do you actually think Apple is going to replace Microsoft?

That's been Apple's wet dream since the day Jobs was first inspired by Xerox enough to buy the rights so that he could legally sell copies of it...;) That's *why* the mother ship is being built--so that this dream can become a reality in some other star system. Bon Voyage, Apple...safe journey. Please hurry and build this thing and go because time's a wastin' and Microsoft Alpha-Centauri is not getting any younger!

LMAO

She shut up.

LOL......we can relocate.....:eek: Hey Lady.......STFU.

Anyone else see the problem here -- yes Apple has a zillion dollars but the conceptualization of this thing was based on Apple at its peak and an assumption they'd always be there at the top of the market, you know before Android sent them into an unrecoverable downward spiral and unable to keep up with the imitators they once disdained.

So I dunno, reminds me of a company I once worked at where construction of a new building with more square footage and office space went on for so long that even after the market turned and they began downsizing they were still continuing to pour money into this expansion for offices which would never be filled.

I'm gonna go grab a cup of coffee. Be back in 40 minutes. Now, where were my Tennis Shoes...

Anyone else see the problem here — yes Apple has a zillion dollars but the conceptualization of this thing was based on Apple at its peak and an assumption they'd always be there at the top of the market, you know before Android sent them into an unrecoverable downward spiral and unable to keep up with the imitators they once disdained.

The conceptualization was based on what Apple needed at the time. They will actually outgrow the capacity of this building before it's completed and will need to expand their nearby secondary campuses.

As for the Android line… your alternate universe is in another castle.

Goods News? The City of Cupertino approved the plans.

Bad News? The approved the site for it is on the outskirts of Beijing ....

Anyone else see the problem here -- yes Apple has a zillion dollars but the conceptualization of this thing was based on Apple at its peak and an assumption they'd always be there at the top of the market, you know before Android sent them into an unrecoverable downward spiral and unable to keep up with the imitators they once disdained.

So I dunno, reminds me of a company I once worked at where construction of a new building with more square footage and office space went on for so long that even after the market turned and they began downsizing they were still continuing to pour money into this expansion for offices which would never be filled.

Like the Cisco buildings in Milpitas, they were finished in 2004, or 2005 I think, and sat dormant after Cisco downsized, until recently.

Man, there are a lot of miserable downer twats in this forum as of late.

You Know what I find funny about Apple there a company and steals almost everything and yet the Law in the US never makes any arrests. The US Government never does anything but support them and there stealing all the time.

Yet if other companies steal people go to jail, But not apple.

Looks like another case of form over function.
Typical Apple.

You Know what I find funny about Apple there a company and steals almost everything and yet the Law in the US never makes any arrests. The US Government never does anything but support them and there stealing all the time.

Yet if other companies steal people go to jail, But not apple.

patent disputes don't normally end with arrests, just a hefty fine, or a mutual agreement.

Except at the moment Apple rents every available commercial space in Cupertino, literally there is no available office space left. In the last year Apple has started renting all the available office space in Sunnyvale. This building will allow them to dump all of the rental property.

So in Q1 2011, the smart phone market was only 70% of 100%.

That chart is fucking bogus.

Back