Apple Sees Tablets Soon Outpacing PCs

[RIP]Zeus;1037359248 said:

Honestly, after reading that, it sounds like one of the options expected from Thunderbolt, an external Video Card that can run multiple monitors. Basically, sounds like ATi is showcasing a proprietary port that is ~the same as Thunderbolt.

Hell, the onboard graphics cards on the 15/17MBP's can run multiple monitors right now (assuming there was an adaptor, Thunderbolt accessories can NOT come fast enough /grumble).

Sure, like EyeFinity, or SLI, or Crossfire, or any number of things I can think of off hand. Certainly...;) Seen lots of gaming laptops equipped like that, have you?

I never said there are a lot, but they exist. Get an HP Envy 17" or Alienware M17X. No problems with Eyefinity or Crossfire.

Don't know what you are talking about. You can buy Windows 7 off the shelf (or Vista or XP if you already have them) and take it home and install it right on your Mac without a problem--and Bootcamp provides the hassle free install--This functionality is a standard feature of OS X.

Try installing Windows 7 on a Mac without bootcamp. Tell me how that goes. Also, Windows doesn't work normally under bootcamp.

Great for use in a car, easy to use in bed, great for handwritten note taking, at least Windows devices are. And why not the couch? I'm reclined back watching TV right now inking this post.

Where are you that you're using a tablet and driving at the same time? I'd like to know so I can dodge that area so I won't get killed by an idiot. :rolleyes:

That said, I'd much prefer that 'Nerd Collar' that was in that article on here a short time ago to a tablet. Screw a small firm touch screen, gimme a touchpad and some holograms.

In all seriousness, tablets won't replace PC's. Never will. They'll murder laptop sales for those casual people. That's about it. Oh.. and they'll drastically increase the sale of backpacks and satchels. The one thing I will say in their favor, at least people won't go blind trying to watch a movie or play a game on a phone screen. I'm waiting for those lawsuits.

Where are you that you're using a tablet and driving at the same time? I'd like to know so I can dodge that area so I won't get killed by an idiot. :rolleyes:

To be fair, a tablet is a hella lot better than those tiny GPS-unit screens, and a lot easier to read at a glance for navigation (and arguably it's easier to set-up for music playback prior to a trip, though some MP3 players offer similar "easy to program" interfaces) Though it is a lot more difficult/expensive to mount securely...

Also in my experience, when you are parked (not on the road) it's easier to use a tablet than a laptop simply due to the cramped space in a car - especially if your sitting in the drivers seat and have that massive steering wheel in the way, it's almost impossible to unfold a laptop in the drivers seat)

Try installing Windows 7 on a Mac without bootcamp. Tell me how that goes. Also, Windows doesn't work normally under bootcamp.
it'll go just
fine since windows 7 supports uefi. What do you mean out doesn't work under bootcamp?

Windows 7 supports UEFI. Macs don't use normal UEFI. It uses a combination of EFI and UEFI, so Windows 7 will not install on a Mac without using bootcamp.

ACHI doesn't work with Windows 7 on Mac, without doing a lot of registry edits.

i use my ipad2 at mostly for web based media consumption / reading, casual gaming, and during pooping.

Define "doesn't work normally".

He can't, because it does. There are a few driver glitches, but they are few-and-far-between, and far, far less common then on HP/Toshiba/Dell's.

Nope, he's basically complaining that you have to use Bootcamp to "Flash the BIOS" (Ok, it's update the uEFI) to get Win7 to install initially. Once it's installed, it's a 100% native boot of windows.

Windows 7 supports UEFI. Macs don't use normal UEFI. It uses a combination of EFI and UEFI, so Windows 7 will not install on a Mac without using bootcamp.

ACHI doesn't work with Windows 7 on Mac, without doing a lot of registry edits.

What are you talking about? You can install Windows 7 natively on a mac. My company's webmaster ran it on his old Core Duo macbook natively for 6 months. It starts up slow due to the EFI problem, but it installs fine off the windows disk, and runs great.

There are lots of examples of this on the internet. It is as easy as putting the CD in.

Back