Apple’s TV Ads A Flop With Viewers

HardOCP News

[H] News
Uh oh, somebody better call Justin Long.

The company’s latest ad, which began airing June 10, has earned the lowest score of 26 Apple TV ads in the past year, according to Ace Metrix Inc., a consulting firm that analyzes the effectiveness of TV ads through surveys of at least 500 TV viewers. The ad scored 489 on the company’s scoring system, below an industry average of 542 and far below past iconic Apple campaigns that often topped 700.

Can some one tell me once and for all just WTF is an 'apple TV'. Please, just what the hell do I get from it?, free channels or something.. like a internet-cable? is it free? cheaper? just what?

Google it bro.

The ad plays like a commercial for a car company. There's no pop, zing,funny or esoteric music to it.

BTW, may be this headline should be renamed "Apple's Commercials a Flop With TV Viewers" I thought this was a story about the puck-sized Apple TV.

Is there a trick to getting those ads to go full screen?

I watched both of them and they were long winded and pretentious. Felt like an old Nike commercial but 4 times longer than it needed to be. Also, right alongside that 'Designed in California' is an equally large 'Made in China'.

Can some one tell me once and for all just WTF is an 'apple TV'. Please, just what the hell do I get from it?, free channels or something.. like a internet-cable? is it free? cheaper? just what?

It's a Roku with lots of iTunes support.

Guess this about sums it up: :D

baby-shocked-face.jpg

Is there a trick to getting those ads to go full screen?

I watched both of them and they were long winded and pretentious. Felt like an old Nike commercial but 4 times longer than it needed to be. Also, right alongside that 'Designed in California' is an equally large 'Made in China'.

That's what stood out to me, the pretentious "Designed in California" bullshit. That's all fine and dandy, they charge enough to assemble the damn things there to.

It's a Roku with lots of iTunes support.

Apple invented the TV box I assume (they've claimed everything else, why not) .. so wouldn't t the Roku be a tv box without iTunes support and likely violating 82 patents, including rounded corners on a rectangular box?

Those new ads are TERRIBLE. I cringe every time I see them and just last night my wife commented that I was right when I said Jobs was the magic at that place and now they will just flounder.

These ads are the most pretentious ones Apple has ever created, and that is saying a lot.

They've been making mistakes a lot lately. Misjudging what the consumer wants and needs.

Jobs was the guy holding the place together.

They're slipping, and I hope it doesn't continue. They do make some good products (hardware, anyway). I like having them as competition for Microsoft. I may not like Apple much, but they are good for the industry.

Flopping commercials and stock under 400 after being over 700 not that long ago. Might have something to do with an awakening global populace that no longer support a company whose products are made by workers in slave-like conditions who were committing suicide because the $10-12K life insurance was worth more than their lives, a company that makes Billions in profits while incorporating in Ireland for the express purpose of tax-evasion while they rape the planet of its resources and exploit its population in the process.

I'm convinced they had to go this way because a good commercial would simply show off new features...but they don't have any, so they had to literally go with empty fluff.

SJ must be turning in his grave, oh wait, maybe he'll reincarnate as the new apple product.

leave it to cook to run the company into the ground.

people are fickle. apple loyalty will not last for long.

Their advertising this crap again?

It was a crap device the first time around, just because it's smaller doesn't mean it's suddenly going to sell like hot cakes (bet it doesn't have any input cables still).

If I want to watch something on iTunes, I'll use iTunes (Uninstalled that when I got rid of my iPhone), if I'm going to play music, I'll use my computer or Android device if I'm on the move, I can watch Netflix from my PS3, Wii U, PC, or my phone...Why try and bring this device back in a market flooded with better options?

Surprising.

Many of their ads never said a word.

Playing "Chopsticks" seemed to be their forte.

I never liked any ad, from almost any tech company. The Apple ads seemed to rub me the wrong way for several years just because they always were pretentious. "Hey, look! We have a larger screen! It only makes sense because of your thumb size!" (looks at almost EVERY phone in their category for the last three years), or "Hey, look! Our phone does panoramas!" (looks at TONS of phones that came out over a year before theirs did, that have panorama pic options).... Totally unimpressive, and reminds me of Bose, except they DO make an attempt to improve their products.

I'll still stick with anything but Bose or Apple and keep some cash in the bank.

Back