Apple Reactivates Facebook's and Revokes Google's Enterprise Certification

Discussion in 'HardForum Tech News' started by AlphaAtlas, Feb 1, 2019.

1. AlphaAtlas

AlphaAtlas [H]ard|Gawd Staff Member

Following Facebook's latest privacy scandal, where they, among other things, blatantly violated Apple's guidelines for the iOS Enterprise Certificate program, Apple revoked Facebooks certifications, effectively disabling many of their corporate apps. Now, TechCrunch reports that Apple has reactivated Facebook's certification. But Apple also said that they revoked Google's enterprise certificates, and as of TechCrunch's most recent article, those certificates are still revoked.

Google's internal apps are still broken. Unlike Facebook that has tons of employees on iOS, Google at least employs plenty of users of its own Android platform, so the disruption may have caused fewer problems in Mountain View than Menlo park. "We're working with Apple to fix a temporary disruption to some of our corporate iOS apps, which we expect will be resolved soon," said a Google spokesperson. A spokesperson for Apple said: "We are working together with Google to help them reinstate their enterprise certificates very quickly."

2. gxp500

gxp500 Gawd

Google got their cert back too.

3. Zarathustra[H]

Zarathustra[H] Official Forum Curmudgeon

I wonder how many Google emplyees choose to use Apple devices as their phones.

I'd imagine that wouldnt be a faux pas.

That said, this provably momentarily slowed down .their development activities for Google apps on the iOS platform.

4. Nobu

Nobu 2[H]4U

I would like to think people who work for a company like google would have a somewhat open mind to something like that. Of course, I'm sure there is some not so subtle humor at their expense on occasion.

5. zehoo

zehoo Limp Gawd

Studying your competition is part of the job for some people. Plus they have apps on there for iOS users so they'd want people using it to make sure things work etc.

6. Spidey329

Spidey329 [H]ardForum Junkie

Guessing both of them paid a fee.

Stimpy88 and clockdogg like this.
  7. PantherBlitz

PantherBlitz Limp Gawd

Ha! I was just talking to someone about how many Facebook employees forbid their family members from opening FB accounts. Once you know how the sausage is made ...

8. Poseur

Poseur Limp Gawd

Keep it up, Apple. You might get some money out of me yet.

9. primetime

primetime [H]ardness Supreme

I always wonder whats the big deal? Its really handy from a work networking perspective keeping track of who got work it different places....Now if i were trying to hide from the law or the mob just maybe

WBurchnall likes this.
  10. HAL_404

HAL_404 Limp Gawd

they're just playing "I'm the BIG Dog on the block" :LOL:

Mong00se likes this.
  11. Paul_Johnson

Paul_Johnson [H] Admin Staff Member

Why? They gave the certs back.

12. Exavior

Exavior [H]ardForum Junkie

yeah, sadly this played out like grounding your kids off all electronics for a week at lunch then by dinner giving them everything back

Stimpy88 likes this.
  13. Eymar

Eymar Limp Gawd

Lol, Apple quickly realized that iPhone sales are down. Apple marketing to App Store\data mining group, "Hey if you guys want to have a pissing contest do it with the company that doesn't buy a shit ton of our phones! Actually this is plain stupid, just stop."

14. DTN107

DTN107 [H]ardness Supreme

Wow... it is just sad what an anti-apple fanboy will try to think of.

Stimpy88 likes this.
  15. Eymar

Eymar Limp Gawd

Lol what? I've been Apple investor since 2006, own a Ipad Pro, macbook pro and an Apple ios developer. Learn to enjoy big corporations being fools, but sadly at same time taking away any semblance of privacy.

16. WBurchnall

WBurchnall 2[H]4U

What if you were subject, without your consent, to purposeful emulation and psychological manipulation designed to make you depressed? Them showing you news and updates curated to make you sad. Facebook did that with random users. It's actions like this that are the big deal.