Apple Plugin ?

hacktor2

Limp Gawd
My friend trys to watch video clips on cnn.com and although he can, a window pops up and tells him that there is an update. When he downloads the windows media.sitx and trys to open it... it opens up notepad and is just gibberish. Hes using Mac OS X.

I'm not very familiar with macs, so any suggestions would help. Thanks.

I have a similar problem. I can't get windows media player to install at all. When I click on it to install after its downloaded it opens excel....I dunno how to install it and I can't watch anything that uses windows media player on the web either...it reall sucks. Does anyone have a link for the right thing to install? I have an intel core duo mac mini, and Windows Media Components for Quicktime doesnt work either cus i have an intel cpu :mad: ...

Google Flip4Mac and install that. If you have an Intel Mac, go to Digg.com and find the recent "Flip4Mac" story and download the beta.

I agree with sap...but I CAN answer why the windows media installs aren't working...

.sitx (along with .sit) is a compressed file.....similar to a .zip...only its proprietary. the program to unstuff it is called stuffit expander, and luckily its free :p

http://www.stuffit.com/mac/expander/index.html
It's handy to have even if you are gonna use F4M instead.

It wouldnt let me dl the beta, but the stuffit thing worked great, thanks alot :D

I downloaded the flip4mac Intel beta and it works great. I can play embedded vidoes at sites like Break.com now. With the new 6.5 Divx, VLC, Flip4Mac, and the universal binary AC3 codec, I can now play all video types in any fashion I want. That's one more nail in my PC coffin.

Back