Apple Penetrated to the Core

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
Not only did this kid, yes kid, at the age of 16 hack into Apple "unhackable" servers, but he had access for about a year. Apple has not copped to exactly what was stolen, but it is estimated that the kid got away with 90GB of files. When the police got hold of him in Australia, they found all the files they were looking for in a folder on a Macbook entitled "hacky hack hack." Stealth at its finest.

Apple’s servers are widely believed to be unhackable, and to date the company hasn’t suffered any massive breach that would have exposed user data to hackers. Well, it turns out that while most hackers might not be able to get into Apple’s servers, a sixteen-year-old Australian with a passion for Apple managed to do it, stealing some 90GB of secure files and accessing customer accounts in the process.

I feel like some of these news stories should just be headlines. 5 paragraphs for "australian teen hacks apple and we can't tell you anything else." useless

The best thread title everrrrr!!!!!

The worm ate his way to the core!!!!!!!!

Welp, after his 'sentence' is over, some company will pickup this kid and put him in their security dept. XD.

Hopefully his sentence is many, many years. I wish they'd start burying these guys under the jail. Nothing lower than a thief.

I can see it now. -They put him in a prison, then he hacks the cell doors & prison gates, after the prison riot, all that was found in his cell were the words "Hacky Hack Hack" scrawled across the cell walls.

Smart but dumb. Why wouldn't you be using a Versacrypt/TrueCrypt hidden volume to store your ill-gotten gains?

Nelson-HAHA.jpg

I can see it now. -They put him in a prison, then he hacks the cell doors & prison gates, after the prison riot, all that was found in his cell were the words "Hacky Hack Hack" scrawled across the cell walls.

I call dibs on the movie rights.

Smart but dumb. Why wouldn't you be using a Versacrypt/TrueCrypt hidden volume to store your ill-gotten gains?

If he were smart he would have used the same encryption methods that Apple uses, where only he or Apple could gain access to the information. Then when caught, get Apple to try to access the files lol. That would have been funny.

Wonder if this'll be yet another story that doesn't make it to mainstream news media?

Thiefs definitely don't get 'many many years'. I mean, murderers barely get years these days.. Because.. Justice System. He's also a kid. So there's that.

Oh trust me, I know. Killed 28 people at ate 19 of them? 1 year in jail and 30 years probation that you can violate hundreds of times and we still won't send you back to prison.

And this is why you don't keep your personal health data on your iPhone. No matter who tells you it's safe, the best protection is reducing the amount you leave out and about.

This is no where near the first time Apple was hacked, ever since Cook opened his mouth bragging there have been breaches including hacked,

Apple ID was hacked exposing over 200,000 accounts, 2013 Macs were hacked owned by Apple employees at HQ, The Icloud was hacked exposing millions of Accounts, The Fappening, iPhone vulnerabilities on login.

They just choose not to admit they were hacked because they put up a magical wall for those dumb enough to fall for it.

This is still entertaining it was done by a kid though, honestly he is probably smarter than half the Apple campus employees and all the genius bar put together.

I could picture a hacker giving him idea and tools and then just stealing the data from his mac so he wont get caught.

Nothing in my experience is in-hackable when its attached to the internet.

vC8oxRj.gif

is it wrong to get all Giddity when thinking about Apple being penetrated? lol

Hack an apple a day won't keep the fuzz away.
or..
Hack and apple before going to bed, and you'll keep the investigators earning their bread..

Hopefully his sentence is many, many years. I wish they'd start burying these guys under the jail. Nothing lower than a thief.

Really ? So rapists, murderers, pedofiles are all better than thieves ?

This is no where near the first time Apple was hacked, ever since Cook opened his mouth bragging there have been breaches including hacked,

Apple ID was hacked exposing over 200,000 accounts, 2013 Macs were hacked owned by Apple employees at HQ, The Icloud was hacked exposing millions of Accounts, The Fappening, iPhone vulnerabilities on login.

They just choose not to admit they were hacked because they put up a magical wall for those dumb enough to fall for it.

This is still entertaining it was done by a kid though, honestly he is probably smarter than half the Apple campus employees and all the genius bar put together.

Fappening wasn't a "hack". It was a highly successful phishing campaign. Idiot users are idiot users

So tell me how he was smart enough to hack into the servers but not smart enough to spoof/VPN his IP?

Back