Apple Needs To STOP................

Scroatdog

[H]ard|Gawd
with all this "AppleCrack". Otherwise my wallet will never recover.

Shamelessly ripped from MacRumors:

Macscoop/MacOSXRumors claims that Apple is finishing development on a 12" MacBook Pro described as "ultra-thin":

The new laptop should be even thinner and weigh less than the current models in the MacBook Pro line-up. In spite of this very tiny and lightweight form-factor, the miniaturized MacBook Pro should keep its built-in optical drive and sport a dual-core processor, providing unequalled size/performance ratio in the PC industry, sources told MacScoop.

Link

Damn, I would get one of these if it weren't for that whole no money thing :(

My IBM T40 needs to last a lot longer.

if that rumor is true then I'm gonna have to start scheming on how get one :p

damn I went from owning 0 macs to potentially owning 2 macs in less than 6 months, that is if their timetable is anywhere near accurate.

GnomeCop said:
if that rumor is true then I'm gonna have to start scheming on how get one :p

damn I went from owning 0 macs to potentially owning 2 macs in less than 6 months, that is if their timetable is anywhere near accurate.

that honestly was not a very good example of adoption actually. I could say the same for the day before and after I bought my MacBook: I went from owning 0 Macs to owning 1 Mac in a day! OMG Mac is teh best!

Ok yeah, umm, 12" MBP? I can only dream that Leopard will also be unveiled in MacWorld San Francisco.

Optional87 said:
that honestly was not a very good example of adoption actually. I could say the same for the day before and after I bought my MacBook: I went from owning 0 Macs to owning 1 Mac in a day! OMG Mac is teh best!

Ok yeah, umm, 12" MBP? I can only dream that Leopard will also be unveiled in MacWorld San Francisco.

hah I never did say they were the best, in fact I'm quite horrified that I own even one mac now.

big daddy fatsacks said:
a laptop with a 12" screen. has there ever been a crappier invention?

meh....I don't see the point in explaining why a macbook pro 12in would be nice to you.

big daddy fatsacks said:

umm, yeah no, just like the last guy, it's not worth it really, but the last time i checked laptops were about portability, and the screen is the biggest thing that drains the battery of a notebook. the larger the screen the lower the battery life. also a lot of people who use notebooks for work don't need the large screen space. most notebooks are used as tools for businesses to keep their workers up to date via the internet etc..

I may try to sell my 12" Powerbook and get one of these new MBP's. As far as BigDaddyFatsack's comment, its all about the portability man. I use mine to record lectures in my Master's program, since my memory and concentration aren't what they once were due to back pain meds. I love my PB, but the 1024x768 res leaves a little to be desired.

Optional87 said:
umm, yeah no, just like the last guy, it's not worth it really, but the last time i checked laptops were about portability, and the screen is the biggest thing that drains the battery of a notebook. the larger the screen the lower the battery life. also a lot of people who use notebooks for work don't need the large screen space. most notebooks are used as tools for businesses to keep their workers up to date via the internet etc..

I'd have to say the CPU/GPU takes the power cake... Screens only use about 20w tops... The MBP processors, well, Merom at least, use 35w full load.

I agree though, about the portability part.

Seeing how 12" ultraportable laptops based on intel platforms are usually: kind of thick (especially with optical drives), have poor battery life (unless they are using some kind of extended battery, or ULV processor), use integrated graphics, and are usually vastly underpowered (ULV processors again), I don't see how a macbook "pro" 12" is possible...

Not saying its impossible, just I am extremely curious how its going to come about. Unless they take something along the lines of a Dell XPS M1210, or one of those sony SZ vaios, and manage to squeeze it into a sleeker apple style chassis... I dunno, other than that I think one of the above has to be sacrificed to achieve a notebook of that size...

If it uses an ULV core 2 or core duo cpu, I prob wont be interested, if it uses integrated graphics, I'll stick with my Macbook too. We'll see, I hope it exceeds expectations, and even then, I'll most likely still wait for the 2nd gen in case there are overheating issues, etc.

big daddy fatsacks said:
considering a 12in laptop is almost exactly the same size as a typical notebook, i think its a great size.

Back