Apple Music Will Launch June 30th

HardOCP News

[H] News
Apple Music will launch on June 30th for $9.99 per month. The service will come to Android devices in the fall.

Apple® today unveiled Apple Music™, a single, intuitive app that combines the best ways to enjoy music — all in one place. Apple Music is a revolutionary streaming music service, a pioneering worldwide live radio station from Apple broadcasting 24 hours a day and a great new way for music fans to connect with their favorite artists. Apple Music combines the largest and most diverse collection of music on the planet with the expertise of world-class music experts who have programmed playlists for your iPhone®, iPad®, iPod touch®, Mac®, PC, Apple TV® and Android phones.* Apple Music will be available starting on June 30 in over 100 countries.

Anyone that watched or read more, is this going to be a playlist only (pandora style) or in addition you can pick what you want to hear as much as you want to.

Basically a "Me too!" service. Zune did this way back then and it didn't bite. Now you just take the Apple turd polisher to it and viola everyone loves it!

I never used the Beats service, but it sounds a lot like what they were doing (which makes sense, since they bought Beats).

I'm not totally sold on it, but if you do the family plan, you can lower your cost to 2.50 - $5.00/month. At that price even I'd consider a streaming service...though I'm not sure I'd use it more than my personal server.

OTOH, if you like an eclectic mix of curated music, radioparadise.com already does a pretty admirable job, but Apple might be better since there's bound to be more stations. OTOH, if your primary driver is the radio, then maybe a Sirius Sub is probably the better way to go.

Sooo...Why would I go with this over say Spotify?

Sooo...Why would I go with this over say Spotify?

Because it's Apple, and we all know that means it's better than any other service. Besides, Apple invented music streaming.
/sarcasm

I especially like this part:
"expertise of world-class music experts who have programmed playlists for your iPhone®, iPad®, iPod touch®, Mac®, PC, Apple TV® and Android phones."

1. I'd rather pick my own music and make my own playlists not rely on some hipster dweeb or some slave in china.

2. Put Apple software on my android phone? Not a chance. I've seen to many Windows systems messed up by iTunes to ever let any Apple software be installed on phone.

It is funny that they included Android, guess this is Apples way of admitting Android does have a significant market share :)

its cheaper. 6 seperate clients for 15.99 with the family deal. the only way it would not be cheaper than spotify or rdio is if you could not find even one more person to do the family plan with and then it would be the same. Alot of the features looked interesting, they have the radio plus the on demand streaming from beats. it ill also be heavily integrated into ios.

It'll get a lot of support because it's Apple, ZOMG! Pandora, Spotify, rdio, Iheartradio, Xbox Music are all already on the playing field. It'll get some users because of the Apple name. But, most people will stay with what they have.

Because it's Apple, and we all know that means it's better than any other service. Besides, Apple invented music streaming.
/sarcasm

I especially like this part:
"expertise of world-class music experts who have programmed playlists for your iPhone®, iPad®, iPod touch®, Mac®, PC, Apple TV® and Android phones."

1. I'd rather pick my own music and make my own playlists not rely on some hipster dweeb or some slave in china.

2. Put Apple software on my android phone? Not a chance. I've seen to many Windows systems messed up by iTunes to ever let any Apple software be installed on phone.

It is funny that they included Android, guess this is Apples way of admitting Android does have a significant market share :)

You can pick your own with the Apple service, they just have built in playlists like Spotify. And unlike Pandora, Apple and Spotify you can skip as much as you like.

its cheaper. 6 seperate clients for 15.99 with the family deal. the only way it would not be cheaper than spotify or rdio is if you could not find even one more person to do the family plan with and then it would be the same. Alot of the features looked interesting, they have the radio plus the on demand streaming from beats. it ill also be heavily integrated into ios.

The radio is Apple radio, much like the stations on Spotify, not normal broadcast stations from your area etc.

The more and more I look at it the more its looking like a carbon copy of Spotify.

I've used Rhapsody for years and I love it... but for 2 years I had to use my old PC because there "newest" website didn't work on my new laptop despite many hours of tech support. Also they have about 2 supported MP3 players and Ipod's and Iphones aren't included. Even the Sony Walkam that I DO use isn't supported although it works. There billing can be lousy (over charging) etc.

Anyway the last time the messed up I looked around and Spotify wasn't close to the playlist Rhapsody had.

I will probably try this and ditch Rhapshody.

A little more competition is nice and man.... about time.

After the Fappening I don't trust Apple with my personal info and there are already many good free choices like Spotify, Soundcloud, etc.

They had to launch this on android or the platform-independent services would have had an advantage. Still, Steve Jobs must be turning in his grave.... a true sign apple is changing with the times, albeit b/c they must, not b/c they want to.

I hope this fails, I much enjoy free music streaming and I'd hate to see this push them out. I don't give 2 damns about the "extras" or a constant top 100 play list. Actually I much dislike most of the top 100 play lists.

I hope this fails, I much enjoy free music streaming and I'd hate to see this push them out. I don't give 2 damns about the "extras" or a constant top 100 play list. Actually I much dislike most of the top 100 play lists.

The other options are all free (with ads) or some limit, I used most of them, and settled on Spotify, and pay for the premium service, which is the same as this new apple service will be. Spotify has also already learned what I like and most suggestions are quite good.

I see no reason to switch.

Personally, I think apple is a great brand and I honestly love their products! However the idea of re-invent the wheel is a little bit over the top! But apple was always late!
I think I will give it a try, I mean the 3months trial version sounds like a good offer! And the family deal sounds damn good!
For those who don't like to get another subscription, I can maybe recommend a good software.. The name is Audials Tunebite and it allows you to record the music you hear from in this case apple music! That's a good alternative in my point of view!

Personally, I think apple is a great brand and I honestly love their products! However the idea of re-invent the wheel is a little bit over the top! But apple was always late!
I think I will give it a try, I mean the 3months trial version sounds like a good offer! And the family deal sounds damn good!
For those who don't like to get another subscription, I can maybe recommend a good software.. The name is Audials Tunebite and it allows you to record the music you hear from in this case apple music! That's a good alternative in my point of view!

a few friends seem to love the Beats 1 channel. Apparently it's like the mix tape you never knew you wanted. I don't subscribe, so I don't know if I'd feel teh same

Back