Apple Maps Street View?

TeeJayHoward

Limpness Supreme
I was adding some oil to my car last week and noticed a white vehicle driving slowly down my cul-de-sac. It had the typical camera/radar/laser/whatever stuff on top of it, and "Apple Maps" written on the sides. The lady inside waved, I waved back, and the encounter was over. I didn't really think too much about it until tonight, when I realized that Apple Maps doesn't have a Street View (that I know of). So what's the purpose of the cars?

I was adding some oil to my car last week and noticed a white vehicle driving slowly down my cul-de-sac. It had the typical camera/radar/laser/whatever stuff on top of it, and "Apple Maps" written on the sides. The lady inside waved, I waved back, and the encounter was over. I didn't really think too much about it until tonight, when I realized that Apple Maps doesn't have a Street View (that I know of). So what's the purpose of the cars?
The purpose of those cars is to add street view, I assume.

its been rumored they are getting street view. A few reported sightings of the cars in places. Some people are still thinking those cars are some sort of AI self-driving thing for an Apple Car, and I think they are fucking nuts.

Back