Apple Launching Smaller iPad Pro, Not Air 3

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
Contrary to previous rumors, we will be seeing a new iPad Pro instead of a successor to the Air. This version will measure around 3 inches smaller and is expected to be priced similarly to the non-Pro line.

The new 9.7-inch iPad Pro will debut at Apple’s Tuesday, March 15th event and begin shipping as soon as March 18th, we previously reported. The smaller iPad Pro will have nearly identical features and specifications as the bigger model, bringing along the A9X processor and RAM upgrades from the 12.9-inch model. It will also include the 12.9-inch model’s updated display technology to support the Apple Pencil.

Ok, that's great. Won't upgrade. What the hell else do I need to watch Netflix.

Interesting, but I'll stick with my full sized iPad Pro. Realizing how much the way I work and use my hardware has changed in the last couple years...

Going from strictly windows desktop & laptop to Macbook Pro for coding work, iPad Pro for just about everything, and my old Windows Desktop for some games when I have to.

The Ipad Pro is like the Surface RT, an answer to a question no one was asking. Well, except "What's the next apple product I can throw my money at?", but I was thinking more in terms of practical uses.

At least the RT ran a full version of office, was price competitive and could be used as a low price low power alternative to laptops for some lightweight users.

I don't know what the hell the iPad Pro offers.

Its going to be a nice piece of hardware, but iOS really needs to bulk up on the differences between a smartphone OS, and a tablet OS can do.

Back