Apple Keyboard and Mouse

El Spic

[H]ard|Gawd
can you use the bluetooth apple mouse and keybard with a PC too?

A real YMMV thing. I tried it with an Acer POS notebook, and could get the mouse to work fine but not the keyboard. After hours on the net, the overall opinion was that the BT stack (like I know what that is) was not 'seeing' it right - or some such like that. Others got it working fine when they did not use the Windows BT drivers.

In my opinion (and many others) the mouse is crap. I like the keyboard though and I have successfully used it with my whitebox Windows XP desktop. It paired without issue but it required a restart before it would connect.

Any one have any luck using a USB bluetooth device to make these work with a desktop?

I use a d-link DBT-120 bluetooth adapter and my apple wireless keyboard works perfectly under windows 2000...except, of course, the volume and eject keys.

another vote for the MM being complete crap.

and for 70$, i can buy two of the logitech BT mice i use now.

what i miss? the OSX mouse battery meter

I really like my BT mighty mouse. I have not experienced any issues with it. Love the trackball on top too. I hope it doesnt lose any functions in windows.

bahula03 thatnks for the suggestion.

OK
so I have a macbook and a desktop. i want to be able to use both with my keyboard, mouse and display. My monitor has a switch on it to switch between 2 inputs. Now how do I get my mouse and keyboard to work with only 1 computer at a time?

KVM, though there may be other less expensive options if you only intend to use a keyboard/mouse. A company used to manufacture a simple, cheap KVM that mounted beneath a Mac mini, but I don't believe they manufacture them any longer. You don't have a Mini, but if you want a more Maclike "persona" with your PC, that would be a good investment.

There are other switchers that are aesthetically pleasing, of course.

Oh, and what exactly do those who posted regarding the MM have issues with? I used one for the first time about six weeks ago, and knowing how the mouse works, I had absolutely zero issues getting accustomed to the different right-click functionality. The only adjustment required is to momentarily lift your index finger from the left portion of the surface -- that's all there is to it.

The 3D scroller is another issue, though, with its abysmal scroll speed.

The thing is I already have a mighty mouse and can get a keyboard at a cheap price. I am not worried so much about the cost as much as I am about the look of it. Besides it would be more expensive to go out and buy wired versions of both when I already have the wireless ones.

Back