Apple hits new 52-week high

CentronMe

2[H]4U
Damn, right now they are up to $27. Not bad considering just one year ago we were at $14 a stock. Time to sell and macke some money.

Ouch.

How are you guys buying and selling? Online trades or something?

I am not too familiar with buying and selling stocks. Always wanted to do a little bit of it just for experience but have no idea on where to start.

Where's the bashers saying Apple's in trouble and they are gonna go out of business any second now? ;)

I've seen stranger happen. They may have hit a 52 week high, but they can hit a 52 week low as fast!!

ive used etrade to play with stocks since i was 15, its pretty cool, but I think now I'd have used a different service. Etrade sucks about service unless your a millionaire. Wire transfers sometimes take a couple days. :(

Apple still has room to grow... It all depends. The sudden influx of confidence is very strange, and seems to be massive institutional buying. Keeping in mind things like apple is worth somewhere between 12 and 14 dollars a share in cash, zero debt (rare), and one of the highest-ranked leaders of any type of company....

Of course, it could just be that the steve jobs Reality Distortion Field is getting stronger. ;)

But no, im hoping on monday the stock will correct at least a little and jump back in.

I pulled out to throw a few bucks in ati tech, awaiting more xbox2 leaks to bolster that a little, since apple was doing very little recently.

I did make a few bucks anyway though, I bought initially at 19...

a strong indicator that the buying is serious is that options were snapped up at a BRUTUAL pace friday as well. 27.50 and 30.00 calls. :eek:

I think a few key buyers woke up to something that is likely to go up, and in an election year no less (markets almost always go up in election years).

it was the buzz at work on Friday....and the funny thing is we have no idea why the stock is shooting up like it is....somebody did shoot a link to an article saying there was a rumor about a merge with Sony but you would have to ask WHY?? the sad thing is I can't really sell my stock because I don't want to take a capital gains hit...I sold my HP at a loss last year so I get a BIG write off!!! next saturday here I come :D

Little lesson in economics kids... selling a billion dollars worth of iPods is good for the stock

;)

I guess ipod minis are selling insanely fast right now. I honestly didn't anticipate this - maybe few others did as well. Looks bad for MS's prospects of WMA-proliferation when apple has 70+% of portable music player marketshare, and almost all of the prestige.

Yeah, I'm quite shocked at the sales of the iPodmini. I thought it would be a flop because of the poor storage/dollar ratio compared to the 15GB iPod. And at best I figured it would sell decently.

I can't figure out why it is doing so well, everybody I have talked to has said they would much prefer the larger 15GB iPod over the mini. But oh well, if it benefits Apple, then it benefits Apple. :)

I'd rather have an iPod mini. I don't really need more than five gigs worth of storage, and the size is an issue with portable things.

Back