Apple Hires Google’s A.I. Chief

rgMekanic

[H]ard|News
The New York Times is reporting that Apple has hired Google’s chief of search and artificial intelligence, John Giannandrea. Apple has stated that Giannandrea will run Apple's "machine learning and A.I strategy." Google has announced that Giannadrea's role will be split, with Ben Gomes leading search, and Jeff Dean taking over at Google AI according to CNBC.

Maybe I'm getting cynical, but this all just sounds like a big game of musical chairs in order to better spy on us. Maybe they can at least make it where our wiretaps don't ruin our furniture as well.

“Our technology must be infused with the values we all hold dear,” Mr. Cook said Tuesday morning in an email to staff members obtained by The New York Times. “John shares our commitment to privacy and our thoughtful approach as we make computers even smarter and more personal.”

Reactions: WhoMe
like this
Hey you all know that they secretly work together to spy on us so this is just them shuffling people around on tours to get up to speed on what they are doing. It also lets them add another spy to their mix ;)

Or alternatively Google got poached and just decided that they would have a hard time filling the old guys shoes with one person. Happens a lot when you have an essential person...

Back