Apple Hired Scores of Ex-Tesla Employees This Year, and not Just for its Car Project

DooKey

[H]F Junkie
Apple is hiring lots of Tesla engineers lately and not all of them are working on the Apple car. Many of these engineers are getting one-and-a-half times the salary they were earning at Tesla and they like the leadership better at Apple. Some of the other projects they are working on are batteries, software, and optics. All of these fields will definitely be useful for Apple. Is this the beginning of a brain drain at Tesla? Whether or not this attrition is normal isn't for me to say, but if these engineers are as good as Apple thinks they are it makes you wonder what is going on at Tesla.

A former Tesla vehicle engineer who was laid off by the company in June said that stock options at Apple would probably be more attractive than they are at Tesla during a rocky time. Many employees at Tesla already sell their options as soon as they are able to in order to make up for the relatively average salaries and the high cost of living around Silicon Valley, he said.

And the culture at Apple is toxic as hell. I do tech support for a product Apple buys from the company I work for, and those guys hate their fucking jobs. I don't believe for a second that they like Apple leadership better. I would never work for Apple.

I really want to see this Apple car, it will be the end of Apple.
Even it is a flop it wouldn't end apple. They have so much money in reserves that they need flop after flop for over a decade.

And why did they not work at Tesla anymore.....?

I really want to see this Apple car, it will be the end of Apple.
Available in Apple themed colors. :p

Attachments

• maxresdefault.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 0
you know.. musk taking tesla private could also stem from him not wanting to have the company bought out under him. I can understand that.

Maybe, but the biography on him I listened to, he has maintained his main goal is to get battery tech out there more, he wants competition from other car companies and for them to take it seriously. Same with solar and all that. He has even kind of walked the walk by opening up a lot of Tesla and SpaceX patents.

It seems odd that if Apple or Ford stepped up with billions of dollars and at least with Ford, the ability to within a year do more for their manufacturing system than Tesla will likely do in the next five, that Musk at least would shut that down. Maybe the Tesla board would.

Not only about the money, a car flop would ruin their brand.

The car could be a complete disaster and the iBots would still praise it as the best car available, just because it's "Apple"

Apple would have to have several major failures before the brand would suffer any damage.

The car could be a complete disaster and the iBots would still praise it as the best car available, just because it's "Apple"

Apple would have to have several major failures before the brand would suffer any damage.

I have never met any of the iBots people often talk about, but there's a huge gap between spending $800 on a phone that is great for 90+% of people, or $40,000+ on a car that is awful. Pretty sure if Apple borked a car release, or even if it was a damn near perfect car but has a bad service network when something does go wrong, that's a lot harder to come back from.

Tesla lays off a bunch of people, some get hired by apple. I mean they're in the same area...

Bullshit article, this kind of trade of talent happens all the time. Just another hyped up story about Tesla trying to string together big shot names with common occurrences and call it an exodus and such.

Back