Apple helped the US government build a 'top secret' iPod, former engineer says

erek

[H]F Junkie
"David Shayer was sitting at his desk in 2005 when his boss's boss at Apple (AAPL) asked him to take on a "special assignment" for the company: help the US Department of Energy build a "top secret" iPod."

1599361824298.png

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/19/tech/apple-secret-government-ipod/index.html

Fascinating. Some government cooperation by big tech is to be expected even if they are publicly opposed like Apple.

That said, making a hidden Geiger counter so Department of Energy agents could detect radioactivity seems relatively innocuous as far as government cooperation goes. A radiation detector hidden in a ipod seems like a good way for un undercover detective looking for a dirty bomb or something to stay safe. I personally would have little issue with making such a device were I the apple engineer.

So the guys moving around in backward engineered alien spaceships needed tunes while they performed fake abductions and surveillance on us. It's probably where all those trillions went over the last 30 years. I hear they charge a couple million per song.

So the guys moving around in backward engineered alien spaceships needed tunes while they performed fake abductions and surveillance on us. It's probably where all those trillions went over the last 30 years. I hear they charge a couple million per song.

Poof checks out.

Article doesn’t actually give any information. iPod designer claims he helped develop an iPod that looked and functioned like normal but had the ability to do other things. No one at the company can validate his claims cause it was top secret and couple people that did know have left. Developer has no idea what the other things were though and just gives a theory about Geiger counter.

I don’t expect better from CNN. So it met my expectations.

Back