Apple Event Liveblog

Is it just me, or do the bezels on the larger iphones look huge in comparison to other large phones already out now?

New smartwatch introduced with stainless steel frame and sapphire screen called Apple Watch

zsh0161.jpg

zsh0163.jpg

Oh my god that watch is HIDEOUS. ROFL the tools that are going to wear that...This will be a Good year for mocking the iSheep.

That said, while the iPhone 6 looks like a galaxy, they now actually have caught up enough with android feature wise. That I can at least take a good look at it and compare it and even consider it for my next upgrade. It's a good looking phone again with solid features.

NFC payments? Smart watch? Bigger screens?! Holy shit Apple, you've done changed the game! Why aren't any other tech companies doing any of this?!?! :sick:

:( :rolleyes:

The rotary switch is called "Digital Crown". It includes IR LEDs and diodes that transmit rotary moves into digital data. It zooms in and out on the map; it scrolls through lists without blocking the screen; if you're in an app, when you press the digital crown, it takes you back to the home screen. It's also the home button, that digital crown is.

liveblog0755.jpg

liveblog0763.jpg

liveblog0769.jpg

zsh0197.jpg

zsh0190.jpg

zsh0206.jpg

zsh0210.jpg

zsh0209.jpg

It has a flexible Retina Display. Machine-polished sapphire screen. Includes sensing touch, the display also senses force quite literally. It can tell the difference between a tap and a press with haptic feedback.

zsh0218.jpg

zsh0230.jpg

zsh0231.jpg

Apple Pay introduced, use NFC (Near-Field Communications), Touch ID and a Secure Element chip that stores your encrypted info securely. You use Apple Pay by holding your thumb on the Touch ID button.

When you add a new card, they don't store the card or give it to the merchant. They use a one-time payment number along with a dynamic security code, so there's no longer a static code on the back of the card. Support to suspend payments from that device if it's lost or stolen, so there's no need to cancel your credit card.

Built in yubi key for credit card numbers.

There's a custom-designed S1 chip that integrates many systems into one chipset. There are four LED lenses. It detects your pulse rate. There's also a gyroscope and accelerometer. The back crystal also houses a charging solution, which is similar to the MagSafe charger. Additionally there are six different straps and a mechanism that makes those straps interchangeable.

zsh0235.jpg

zsh0241.jpg

I am an apple HATER, and i just bought apple stock, they are the only company that can pull off this contactless payment system right now since every carrier wants to own it as does every manufacturer etc. etc. They already have real major partners lined up and now people know about it. They are going to makie a fucking killing

The iwatch looks cool to me. My esquire finally gave up the ghost so I may have to get one of these.

I am an apple HATER, and i just bought apple stock, they are the only company that can pull off this contactless payment system right now since every carrier wants to own it as does every manufacturer etc. etc. They already have real major partners lined up and now people know about it. They are going to makie a fucking killing

And I think they've cracked the watch thing for the first time. This is going to be their next money maker... phone market and tablets are played out, but not so with watches. I wouldn't be surprised if they integrate Apple pay with the iWatch.

There's leather, polymer, metal mesh and stainless steel strap options. Some of these bands close with a symmetric clasp buckle. There are three watch collections with capability to customize appearance and capability of faces.

zsh0240.jpg

zsh0258.jpg

zsh0256.jpg

zsh0255.jpg

zsh0259.jpg

zsh0263.jpg

zsh0260.jpg

zsh0265.jpg

zsh0262.jpg

BUY BUY BUY

I'm not even talking about these useless consumer products. Buy the damn stock. Then you can buy hookers and blow with your mad profits.

Can be mimicked in a heartbeat. Just needed someone to make it a thing.

And I think they've cracked the watch thing for the first time. This is going to be their next money maker... phone market and tablets are played out, but not so with watches. I wouldn't be surprised if they integrate Apple pay with the iWatch.

Yea, no. That thing is just as horrible looking and useless as basically every other "smart" watch. Sure it will sell to the absolute diehards for a smart watch, but no way in hell will that demographic become more than a niche one.

In the UI, the clock is the center of the universe; you can swipe around to get an overview of all your apps.
You can zoom in and out of different "neighborhoods" of apps.
The watchface is customizable; to customize it, you touch the display and swipe through the different options. You can change the color and the functionality; there's green outlines for each section that show which particular section you're changing.

zsh0283.jpg

liveblog0783.jpg

liveblog0781.jpg

zsh0294.jpg

Has anyone made an easy to reference chart for the two phones? I'm about to be due an upgrade.

It'll be great being able to use NFC again. Had it with Google Wallet/N4... and it worked well. Not so sure I'm interested in the watch though. I don't want to lug around devices that do duplicate processes.

Yea, no. That thing is just as horrible looking and useless as basically every other "smart" watch. Sure it will sell to the absolute diehards for a smart watch, but no way in hell will that demographic become more than a niche one.

I disagree on the ground that Apple has major clout to push this. Recall that Fallon and Timberlake did that advert during this presentation. Apple didn't have to really break new grounds (the way's been paved by the watches that've come before it.) All Apple has to do now is to let you dress up this device how you wanted it to look and make that final pitch, then presto! iWatch everywhere.

They need to get to battery life and price...

I'm excited about the new payment system. iTunes Store has a ridiculous amount of credit card info and it's a good place to start the NCR movement along with chipped cards coming soon. Makes perfect sense to be on the vangard of this change.

They need to get to battery life and price...

It would be stupid if the iWatch does not use inductive charging. The last thing that people want to do is to charge this thing with a cord.

The bottom button is called Digital Touch, which brings up a list of contacts. When you go into that contact, you can tap or draw shapes, which gets sent to that contact.

zsh0343.jpg

zsh0345.jpg

zsh0346.jpg

liveblog0815.jpg

It would be stupid if the iWatch does not use inductive charging. The last thing that people want to do is to charge this thing with a cord.

They have a mag-safe type of charger cord that connects to the back, although it looks like the charging method is wireless since no power connector. Magnet hold is probably to make sure the charger/receiver is optimally aligned for highest power charge.

Can be mimicked in a heartbeat. Just needed someone to make it a thing.

No, no it can't. Here is the reason: Carriers want their own mobile payment system, they've been working on it for a while, they can block everyone but they can't block apple because of the apple fanbase. The merchants that handle credit card transactions (not visa, not american express but the middle men) all want their own system. Your thinking someone like square can come along and make an app mobile payment system etc. but they still have to get around the carriers AND the biggest piece: The businesses have to support the system. That last piece if where most people fail. Most companies dont give a shit what some app guy made. I'm wondering if apple will include bitcoins because that would be even more ridiculous. Having mcdonalds and wholefoods target etc. line up will be fucking huge. You will have all these fucking soccer moms and urbanites who still eat at mcdonalds using it and that will just cause it to spread. You really think some apple fanboi wont visit one placeover another because it doesn't have ipay or whatevethefuck its called? Hipsters will go fucking ape shit this will really work

Third-party support is enabled through something called WatchKit. This helps integrate those apps into the Glances screen as well as the home screen.

American Airlines has an app as well; same with Starwood Hotels. You can unlock your hotel room door by waving your watch in front of it.

City Mapper gives you transit directions. Pinterest reminds you when you're near a pin; BMW lets you see the charge level of your car, and gives you a map of where your car is, and gets you directions back to the car; Honeywell, Lutron, Nike, and so on.

They have a mag-safe type of charger cord that connects to the back, although it looks like the charging method is wireless since no power connector. Magnet hold is probably to make sure the charger/receiver is optimally aligned for highest power charge.

That's going to be important. Apple needs to make sure that the device continue monitoring the user even while it is charging. This device is designed with constant health monitoring in mind; that watch's wearable sensors are supposed to generate data for health apps and data analytic purposes.

It can track a wide variety of activities; using an accelerometer, a custom heart rate monitor, and uses GPS and WiFi in your phone to track how far you've moved. You can track calories burned, the activity you've done (anything at the level of a brisk walk or above); able to show your sedentary time and how long you've stood.

zsh0371.jpg

zsh0372.jpg

zsh0374.jpg

zsh0379.jpg

Anyone else find it odd they've mentioned that "you can send someone your heartbeat!" thing, like, three times, now?

WTF? Why would you ever want to do that??

"Apple Watch" required some deep innovation"

Translation - We copied everything all the other smart watches were doing, Slapped an apple logo on it, got the patents rubber stamped and expect it to sell because most of our customers are morons. We did it better = We did it first and we will sue all competition out.

Back