Apple dual link DVI adapter

falconman

Limp Gawd
Has anyone used the mini displayport to dual link dvi adapter with their macbook/macbook pro and a monitor other than the apple 30" cinema display?

I want to use it with an xhd300 but ive heard it works poorly with other monitors
Thanks

I actually just bought my 4th Adapter (After return...and return..and return..) This 4th apparently has the brand new firmware that fixed the HORRID problems with ANY 30" Monitor. I use my Macbook Pro with my 3007WFP-HC all the time now. Just make sure the firmware is 1.02 (I think that's it). All of the new adapters you buy today should have it.

You should be golden using it with your Gateway.

I actually just bought my 4th Adapter (After return...and return..and return..) This 4th apparently has the brand new firmware that fixed the HORRID problems with ANY 30" Monitor. I use my Macbook Pro with my 3007WFP-HC all the time now. Just make sure the firmware is 1.02 (I think that's it). All of the new adapters you buy today should have it.

You should be golden using it with your Gateway.

Thanks for the reply, im glad they fixed the firmware! taking the dive in now...

Curious to know as well. The gf needs one of these adapters.

Oops, my bad. Poor reading skills FTL. I forget that people want resolutions above 1920x1200.

Oops, my bad. Poor reading skills FTL. I forget that people want resolutions above 1920x1200.

No worries -- it's hard to find anyone who knows anything about this adapter. I've had to yell at people at the apple store to get answers. Even the Apple Genius people have no idea what it is.

Back