Apple Delays AirPod Rollout

HardOCP News

[H] News
Remember when Apple said that its AirPods would be available mid-October? Well, October is almost over and nary an AirPod is to be found. According to TechCrunch, the sure-to-be-lost-immediately wireless headphones have been delayed with no new release date given.

Apple did not say whether hardware or software updates are what is at the heart of the delay so I couldn’t conjecture which. My experiences with the AirPods have been very positive this far but the pre production units that were given out to press are not without their foibles and bugs. I have seen a variety of small software/hardware interaction issues that have caused some frustration – but have taken them in stride because they are not final products.

I hear a resounding who cares... I have talked to lots of people and even some that have iPhone 7s and no one is interested...

Why pay for stock headphones without a wire that you have to remember to charge (the case has to be charged...). If these don't suffer the odd Bluetooth connection issue, like the odd dropout, I'd be shocked...

Aw well.

Apple did not say whether hardware or software updates or a complete lack of excitement from the market is what is at the heart of the delay so I couldn’t conjecture which.

FIXED.

So they removed the legacy solution without properly testing and rolling out the upgraded solution. THAT takes courage.

This is probably intentional so Apple can roll them out closer to the holidays and be fresh in everyone's heads again.

Back