Apple Confirms iOS 5 Bugs Causing Battery Issues for Some iPhones

5.0.1 seeded to devs, supposedly with fixes. Not hopeful though, the fact is 4S does a lot more than 4 and has the same battery (like 1% bigger) so it won't last as long. The detailed Anandtech review made that clear.

With light usage, i'm talking perhaps 10 text messages and a check on Facebook every now and then my battery lasts less than 24 hours on my 4S. I sure hope this fixes it.

I just did 5.0 last night. Lots more applications hanging, and Wifi connections are spotty. Teach me to not wait for an update.

I disabled timezone check, siri, and iCloud. I tried to get my 4s to last as long as possible and I saw about 2 days, 18 hours of standby and 10 hours of usage until it completely died.

Compare that to the less than 24 hours total that it would last before I disabled the time zone sensing thing.

I'm on 5.0.1b2. Works as advertised. Battery life on my iPhone 4 and iPad 2 has indeed improved over 5.0.

I'd imagine 5.0.1 will debut in conjunction with the new version of iTunes supporting iTunes Match.

I'm on 5.0.1b2. Works as advertised. Battery life on my iPhone 4 and iPad 2 has indeed improved over 5.0.

I'd imagine 5.0.1 will debut in conjunction with the new version of iTunes supporting iTunes Match.

Nice! I'm guessing your idea on when it comes out might be true, although I would think apple wouldn't want to publicize its mistake at the same time of a delayed release of Match.

Nice! I'm guessing your idea on when it comes out might be true, although I would think apple wouldn't want to publicize its mistake at the same time of a delayed release of Match.

Apple just pushes updates out without explanation, so I don't think they're worried about marketing them, just making sure they're adopted uniformly and quickly.

Back