Apple Claims Creation of 514K Jobs for US Workers

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Apple has released a report from the Analysis Group detailing the claims of being responsible for the creation of over 514K jobs in the U.S. I’m waiting for the other shoe to drop and get the documented figures for how many jobs Apple created overseas. ;)

We’ve created or supported more than 500,000 jobs for U.S. workers: from the engineer who helped invent the iPad to the delivery person who brings it to your door.

If they are counting the UPS or FedEx guy, they can count just about anyone.

Haha, they're taking credit for the delivery guys? Really?

But this is Apple, I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

I bet they count every app creator and artist on itunes as creating "jobs" :rolleyes:

I had to go to the Apple Store a few weeks ago to grab something for work. At noon on a random Tuesday, their were 24 people working in the small Apple Store located in the Maine Mall. At that was just the ones that were working on the floor at the moment. With numbers like that, they just need to keep opening stores to solve the unemployment problem :p

Americans need to get back to innovating products, themselves; rather than sucking on Apple's teat, stuck in a daze, on their iShit.

fuck me silly this isn't Apple hate, but really delivery guy counts as a job they created? How about the TV shows that use the iPad in the episode, lots of key grips jobs they created!~

I wonder how many of those jobs are actually more than just entry level jobs for students and those that do not have college educations (usually). I also would like to know how many of those are on Apple's pay roll and not business that use or develop for their products.

I wonder how many of those jobs are actually more than just entry level jobs for students and those that do not have college educations (usually). I also would like to know how many of those are on Apple's pay roll and not business that use or develop for their products.
Read the article.

Thanks........

And that is ridiculous they seem to be claiming jobs from jobs in apple to the delivery guy to...... probably even the guy who hired teh delivery guy or the guy that does inusrance for so.

Huge FacePalm if I ever did see one.

This definitely sounds like the job creation of the 2009 Stimulus, which created or "saved" more than 3 million jobs. Of course, this is no farther from the truth because the unemployment was at 8.3% when the stimulus are enacted and a year later when it claimed to have created or saved those jobs it was at 9.5%! In short, we spent $787B + interest to raise unemployment 1.2% and the govt is celebrating!

How about the fine people at mastercard that process their online credit card sales...

Only Apple claims it created jobs in the U.S. by counting the delivery-guy that brings in the stuff from off-shored production... :eek:

Don't forget everyone in the textile industries that make the uniforms and shoes for the delivery workers and everyone in the gas/oil industry for fuel to facilitate these deliveries, also the auto industry any vehicles that...etc. etc. Hell Apple is responsible for creating every Job in the entire world!

It's a conservative principle... multiplier effect? Job creators? Hello??? Why conservatives don't want to tax the wealthy??

They are counting fedex guys/etc, but it's probably the fedex guys that fedex needs to employ to make the deliveries that Apple is responsible for. Make sense?

It just begs the question, well where is Romania now in the grand scheme of things?

Also wouldn't a big portion of the logistics jobs exist anyway with or without Apple?

Also wouldn't a big portion of the logistics jobs exist anyway with or without Apple?

The point is that every company that contributes demand to logistics jobs means that those companies need to hire *more* workers... I really doubt the 500k numbers are claiming EVERY fedex/ups employee as being hired thanks to apple, if so that's dumb, but again I doubt that's whats happening.

It just begs the question, well where is Romania now in the grand scheme of things?

No, it begs the question, where would Romania be without coca-cola/other foreign investment? (hint: not where they are today)

Try again.

I had to go to the Apple Store a few weeks ago to grab something for work. At noon on a random Tuesday, their were 24 people working in the small Apple Store located in the Maine Mall. At that was just the ones that were working on the floor at the moment. With numbers like that, they just need to keep opening stores to solve the unemployment problem :p

Lol, no kidding. Every time I've been in there there's almost more employees wandering about than customers.

210k app developers? Wait... aren't the developers the ones paying apple to keep their apps in the app market?

210k app developers? Wait... aren't the developers the ones paying apple to keep their apps in the app market?

Apple cuts them a check for every sale... if there were not millions of iOS devices out there there would not be any demand for iOS apps, hence these iOS developers would not be iOS developers and would be eating pizza in college.

Same logic could be applied to Sony+PS3, Microsoft+Windows/Xbox: there product creates jobs be making a new market which requires JOBS to support it (even if those jobs aren't Microsoft/Sony employees, they exist thanks to the respective companies).

Alternatively you could think about it using the same analogy: Yes ____ game studio exists with or without sony/ms, but how many MORE jobs do they need to fill BECAUSE of _____ console. Same logic is being applied to Apple+fedex/ups

Originally Posted by Starcrossed
Americans need to get back to innovating products, themselves; rather than sucking on Apple's teat, stuck in a daze, on their iShit.

THIS

AHHHHH - Apple IS the one making (or at least *succesfully* marketing, either way: SELLING) innovative products to the world.

Look on the back of any iDevice: designed in California, made in China. Know how much money each sale makes the US economy? and the Chinese one? Hint: future's not in manufacturing, those jobs are gone and they are never coming back. Hell they're even leaving China for Thailand/etc, just like they left the USA/Germany for Japan, for China... it's classical economics. Capital investment flows from rich countries to poor ones, they get better off and then the investment pours into the next shithole.

Queue the sheeple accusations and whatnot but money talks and...

Back