Apple CEO Steve Jobs to Take Medical Leave

Poor guy. My dad has cancer and is still recovering from all the of the treatments. It is a lot to go through. Regardless of what people think about him, Jobs has really brought a new level of competition to the world. Sure he may have ruled with an iron fist but do you think half the companies would release the products they do now without having Apple to compete with?

SEC protip: Look who purchased large short orders of Apple on Friday.

Of course, they won't, insider trading is par for the course for the big guys.

Forget shorting the stock... look at the put option volume for the $320 strike price.

Friday Put volume
320.00 0.54 -0.41 11182

My mother died from it, so I can concur. She was dead 6-7 months after diagnosis, and I always suspected that the surgery she had hastened the end by a sizable margin as that was when her cancer began to metastasize. I have always believed that Jobs' original cancer had metastasized to his liver--hence the liver transplant became the only way to extend Jobs' life to any degree whatsoever. If the cancer has returned then it has probably spread to other organs.

I'm sorry hear about that. My heart goes out to you. It's a terrible loss to lose your mother in this way. Sometimes I wonder if the cure is worse than the disease in cases like that.

Sometimes I wonder if the cure is worse than the disease in cases like that.

There may be a cure, but it's not what the doctors are doing.

But there's no money in the cure, and doctors are there for the profit.

Doctors are the disease.

But if even Steve Jobs and his money can't get them to help him, then there's no hope for any of us. But always remember, regardless of what doctors do to you...

They will always cash the check you write them.

Doctors are the disease.

But if even Steve Jobs and his money can't get them to help him, then there's no hope for any of us. But always remember, regardless of what doctors do to you...

FFS just shutup and stop spewing this shit. They DO cure it and every oncologist I have met is not in it for the profit. Yes, the treatment can be worse than the actual cancer, but we have vastly improved the chances of survival of cancer in the last 50 years, especially with Leukemia in the past 20 years. (I'd know, I was diagnosed with it last January.)

That aside, I hate the man and Apple's policies and way of doing things, though their products and OS I have no hatred toward; I do not wish the man dead and to recover his health back. I don't wish cancer on anyone whether they are dicks or saints.

A few of these replies are disappointing. He's a human being, just like any of us. I wish him a full and speedy recovery.

Doctors are the disease.

FFS just shutup and stop spewing this shit. They DO cure it and every oncologist I have met is not in it for the profit. Yes, the treatment can be worse than the actual cancer, but we have vastly improved the chances of survival of cancer in the last 50 years, especially with Leukemia in the past 20 years. (I'd know, I was diagnosed with it last January.)

+1.

The whole "doctors don't want to cure disease or they'll put them selves out of a job" line is such tired bullshit. There are more than enough sick people to keep doctors employeed for years to come.

+1.

The whole "doctors don't want to cure disease or they'll put them selves out of a job" line is such tired bullshit. There are more than enough sick people to keep doctors employeed for years to come.

Not to mention, ya know, all those cured people walking around, or the exceptionally high expected life we have today, or the standard of living, etc....

Some people just refuse to accept things, like cancer is a hard thing to cure. Or that all surgeries have risks, or that some cures can kill you. It sucks, and I feel for the people on the negative sides of these things, but the average of all of this is a much better life.

Anyway thats all off topic, I wish Steve the best. He has done more for the computer industry than most people on these forums are willing to recognize, but beyond that he seems to be in the final days of his life and he seems fully aware of it. Thats not a good place to be, and I feel sorry for him. Best of luck.

Back