Apple CEO Saw An iPhone In A 350-Year-Old Painting

HardOCP News

[H] News
During the Start-up Fest event in Amsterdam, Apple CEO Tim Cook said he saw an iPhone in a 350 year old painting. If you see a man handing a woman a letter, you'd be right. That also happens to be the name of the painting, so it is doubtful that it is an iPhone. Now, had the name of the painting been something like "you're holding it wrong" or "it's impossible to decrypt an iPhone," it would be more believable. ;)

"Do you happen to know Tim, where and when the iPhone was invented?" Kroes asked Cook on stage. The Apple chief executive explained that in one painting at the museum he thought he saw the subject holding an iPhone. "You know, I thought I knew until last night. Last night Neelie took me over to look at some Rembrandt and in one of the paintings I was so shocked. There was an iPhone in one of the paintings," Cook jokingly explained.

Clearly its an iPaq running Windows CE. Those are ancient, amiright? ;)

Looks more like an iPod classic with the click-wheel, come on Cook!

What's with the super creepy looking child in the picture?

Edit: I'm guessing this was not one of Rembrandt's best works.

The dog with no neck, with it's head facing at a pretty much impossible angle and the woman's face looking like it is facing you, yet it looks like the rest of her head is not turned is pretty creepy as well.

Do you mean across the pond in the street?? Because the person in the foreground right looks like female to me, long hair and skirt.

So they are finally admitting who they copied the original iPhone from?

"The painting Cook was referring to was not in fact by the Dutch painter Rembrandt. It was painted by Pieter de Hooch in 1670 and is entitled "Man Hands a Letter to a Woman in a Hall.""

My bad, but Rembrandt's reputation is saved.

I first thought I saw this painting hanging on the wall behind the lady sitting in the chair then noticed what looked like a ghost in the upper right hand window. I came to the conclusion that Tim Cook is still full of shit.

What's with the super creepy looking child in the picture?.....
I read a while back artists of that time had difficulty painting children's faces so they would typically just paint what looks like an adult's face on a smaller body making the faces always look a bit odd.

I have no clue why he forgot the dog's neck.

Is it just me or should this be labeled "Dumb story of the day."? An old painting, a Tim Cook flaming his company's product.. Uh.. ... .. Uhm...

Steve Jobs didn't die. He went back in time to save the world from... BOREDOM! Mind blown.

No one notices the tiny demon spawn in the doorway? She's biding her time until she can be alone and whip the poor defenseless puppy.

Well apple always had a very blurred vision where all kinds of Sh3t looks alike.

No one notices the tiny demon spawn in the doorway? She's biding her time until she can be alone and whip the poor defenseless puppy.

You mean the demon spawn puppy?

Yeah, the thing she is holding kinda looks like a whip, but I think it is supposed to be a small fishing pole.

And yes, the little girl is the creeps.

I try so hard to defend apple, but then they pull crap like this and say "wow we are so plain looking that any rectangular object in someones hand looks like an iphone"......

Back