Apple announces M1 Pro and M1 Max

EU law says they have to convert the whole line of iPads and iPhones to USB-C for all models released after 2022. So when they passed that law Lightening died.
I'm glad someone did something. Because it's incredibly stupid that it's still around. Nothing worse than proprietary cables.

I'm glad someone did something. Because it's incredibly stupid that it's still around. Nothing worse than proprietary cables.
I live in a world of “open standard” yet still proprietary cabling. Because the best part about open standards is everybody has their own.

I have so many poorly labeled bix blocks, right now it’s insane.

1635717777948.png

Last edited:
I live in a world of “open standard” yet still proprietary cabling. Because the best part about open standards is everybody has their own.

I have so many poorly labeled box blocks ready right now it’s insane.

View attachment 408226
Yes, I remember this comic fondly, but literally everything is USB C or USB 3 now and has been for years. Apple is the outlier.

Yes, I remember this comic fondly, but literally everything is USB C or USB 3 now and has been for years. Apple is the outlier.
Still lots of budget USB 2.0 micro and USB 3.0 micro-B devices out there that are effected by this too. Not to mention USB 2.0 B or USB 3.0 micro B…. Stupid USB people haven’t done anybody any favours.

Still lots of budget USB 2.0 micro and USB 3.0 micro-B devices out there that are effected by this too. Not to mention USB 2.0 B or USB 3.0 micro B…. Stupid USB people haven’t done anybody any favours.
The fact that those things still exist is painful.

The fact that those things still exist is painful.
Yeah the folks up at the USB standards offices got drunk with the guys at Intel one night and decided to bet each other who could put out more “standards” than the other in a year. Not sure who won but I certainly know who lost….

Back