Apple And Cingular Team Up On Phone?

HardOCP News

[H] News
The big rumor this morning is that Apple will team up with Cingular on a phone. Supposedly this comes from somebody “in the know” but Steve Jobs will be mounting the MacWorld stage soon, so I guess we’ll know for sure when he does.

The device, which will combine a cell phone with Apple's popular iPod music player, is expected to be announced at the MacWorld show in San Francisco, according to the report in The Wall Street Journal newspaper, which cited unnamed sources.

Prediction: It is going to be white, sterile, and look like it belongs in a hospital or NASA cleanroom. :rolleyes:

Otherwise, great. Just another phone I'll be turning back to Cingular via their RMA service. They try to whip these phones out so fast and they have software/firmware corruptions because of crappy programming. I hope they make this so it actually works. After going through over 12 motorola v551's, 9 lg 4020's, 6 razr's, and 2 sony w300i's... I don't know. They better actually make this good so it doesn't freeze up or randomly restart itself in the middle of a call.

Think outside the box, this unit is expected to be a big product for apple.

What if it is a tablet pc or a ump such as the oqo... with integrated wireless interenet from cingular?

But regardless of their product, it's going to look probably as the above poster mentioned... all sterile white.

My worry is that they are going to make the phone exclusive to Cingular :( Also, with all those features, what will happen to the poor battery life?

10:47 am available: shipping in June
10:47 am 8GB model - $599
10:47 am 4GB model - $499

My worry is that they are going to make the phone exclusive to Cingular :( Also, with all those features, what will happen to the poor battery life?

From Engadget's coverage:

Battery life: "A lot of these phones have low battery life. We've managed to get 5 hours of battery of talk time, video, and browsing. 16 hours of audio playback."

Looks like a pretty sweet phone. I wonder what they'll cost once Cingular subsidizes them for signing a contract.

Back