Apple AirPods pro vs Bose QC 35

maverick786us

2[H]4U
I've been using Bose QC 35 headphones with my iPhone for 4 years but now these headphones have started showing its age and technology trend changes very fast.
Now that I have an iPhone 12 Pro Max, I am rather tempted to buy Air Pods pro because of these reasons.

1. QC 35 no doubt good, but it does hurt my ear.
2. Those bulky headphones, i cannot carry in too many places, example office, if I am taking a coffee break from work or during the lunch time I want to watch Netflix or you tube the Air Pods are most suitable for it. I can use Air Pod pro while driving and many more places.

After reading so many reviews on internet and you tube, the way its described that sounds so great, magically fits an ear, my question is does Air Pod pro have the loudness and music quality like Bose QC 35 headphone, if not better?

I can’t see the inner earphones besting a good set of over the ear cans. But I have a 1 1/2 hour flight to Rome on Sunday, it will give me a chance to test noise canceling between the Sony 1000 MX3 and AirPods Pro/how loud I have to set it to enjoy my game/show.

In my life the AirPods are great for running, working out, washing the car or other short task. However, after a while those inner ear buds are uncomfortable.

The Sony’s work well for longer task but…. The current temps (excess of 100F) make them uncomfortable to wear for a long time when outside.

Maybe keep both and utilize one or the other based on activities?

Edit: If you are deep into the apple ecosystem (doesn’t sound like you are), then the AirPods make sense. You don’t have to pair them with every single Apple device. My Sonys on the other hand require me to pair them every time I move devices…

FWIW the AirPods Pro and the Bose 700 sound pretty similar, I'd put them in the same quality class, after that it's personal opinion which sounds "better" -- I found the Airpods Pro quite a bit better than the regular Airpods. The active noise cancellation enhances the "loudness" versus non-ANC headphones, and they do have a pretty punchy sound. However you are comparing in-ears to over-ears so the profile will be a little different.

Noise cancellation - the AirPods Pro were pretty close to my Sony WH-1000XM (1st gen), it really depends on getting a good fit & seal

Comply or other foam tips for the Airpods can really help in that regard, but IMO it's personal preference (foam sealed a bit better, silicon is better for quick in/out)

Totally different experiences.

I have a similar setup to above. I have Sony Wh-1000XM2 and the AirPods Pro. I use them both almost daily and they fit very different use cases.

If I’m using my laptop or will be stationary for a long period of time then the full sized headphones win. The AirPods Pro are for on the go audio (I have a keychain case for them so they’re literally with me all the time in a very convenient form factor).

There is no replacement for a larger speaker diagphram and the worst ‘feature’ of the AirPods Pro is the relatively short 4 hour battery life whereas the Sony, can last literal days of me working (I think it’s something like 28 hours, which for me is 3-5 days of use).

I plan at some point to get newer Sony headphones for the better ANC and pairing - but there is no push to get them now. What I have is good enough. Maybe the XM5’s if they can take their multipairing up a step.

Also new AirPod Pros are supposed to come out next year if you hate buying a product and then see the replacement drop relatively quickly if that affects your buying decision at all.

Totally different experiences.

I have a similar setup to above. I have Sony Wh-1000XM2 and the AirPods Pro. I use them both almost daily and they fit very different use cases.

If I’m using my laptop or will be stationary for a long period of time then the full sized headphones win. The AirPods Pro are for on the go audio (I have a keychain case for them so they’re literally with me all the time in a very convenient form factor).

There is no replacement for a larger speaker diagphram and the worst ‘feature’ of the AirPods Pro is the relatively short 4 hour battery life whereas the Sony, can last literal days of me working (I think it’s something like 28 hours, which for me is 3-5 days of use).

I plan at some point to get newer Sony headphones for the better ANC and pairing - but there is no push to get them now. What I have is good enough. Maybe the XM5’s if they can take their multipairing up a step.

Also new AirPod Pros are supposed to come out next year if you hate buying a product and then see the replacement drop relatively quickly if that affects your buying decision at all.

Next year? Not with iPhone 13?

Next year? Not with iPhone 13?
It’s possible. But current rumors say no.

In the fall there is going to be a lot of releases. It’s not just going to be phones (although it’s expected that 5 phones are going to drop, which is no small thing). There is an expectation that the 14” and 16” ARM MacBook Pros are also going to launch. And a handful of other things.

Apple also released the Beats Studio Buds, which are arguably a hold over or middle ground before releasing the AirPods Pro 2. Giving them more time/space before updating this other product line. They tend to do that in order to bide their time when development or securing manufacturing is getting extended.

The iPad Pro 3 is a good example of that. It was a token update because their real update the M1 pro 4 was taking them a long time to develop. The 15” 2019 MacBook Pro that came out in May was also a placeholder for the 16” MacBook Pro which came out in the fall.

This is just more info to see their pattens in how they develop their product cycles as well as other “rumor news”. They won’t be rushed, which is actually something I appreciate about Apple even though sometimes certain products I wish would’ve gotten here faster.

———————————————-

I generally read about leaks and rumors from Apple pretty often and it’s become more and more easy over time to predict when stuff is dropping.

Ming-Chi Kuo is generally the most reliable leaker. Anyway here is just a sample article. But there is tons of stuff floating about all Apple products.

https://www.techradar.com/news/appl...to-see-from-the-rumored-true-wireless-earbuds

Last edited:
Back