Apple Ads Claim 99% iPhone Satisfaction Rate

"In what will come as a surprise to many people, our sources note that even A5-based Apple devices, including the original iPad mini and discontinued iPhone 4S, will be able to run iOS 9. In order to avoid the sluggishness and bugginess that was most notably seen in iOS 7 for the iPhone 4, Apple has restructured its software engineering process to better support older hardware.

"Instead of developing a feature-complete version of iOS 9 for older hardware and then removing a handful of features that do not perform well during testing, Apple is now building a core version of iOS 9 that runs efficiently on older A5 devices, then enabling each properly performing feature one-by-one. Thanks to this new approach, an entire generation (or two) of iPhones, iPads, and iPod touches will be iOS 9-compatible rather than reaching the end of the iOS line."

source

Both sides get insufferably annoying, Android and iPhone users alike. I have complaints of both platforms mostly due to how they are managed. That said, I will be sticking with iPhones for the time being. The platform functions well, and I've even been pleased with the iOS 9 beta that I'm trying (And El Capitan on my MBP too).

I had three iphones in a row.

Original 2007 iPhone, iPhone 3G and the iPhone 4.

I finally just got so fed up with their controlling every minute detail of the user experience, preventing me from running the software I want to run, unless I go through complicated jailbreak processes that don't work unless you happen to have the right version of IOS to begin with and (at the time) having to use iTunes. (I hate iTunes with a passion. They have since removed the iTunes requirement though, with the cloud release)

After my iPhone 4, I had a Samsung Galaxy S3, followed by an LG G2 and couldn't have been happier. I customized the shit out of them, installing custom irom images, ran the software I wanted, it was great.

Then I made the mistake of getting the Droid Turbo. 9 months after launch there still is no unlocked bootloader.

I wish it were illegal to lock bootloaders. When you buy a piece of hardware it should be yours to do with as you please, including installing the software of your choice.

Now I am considering ditching Verizon, and moving to another carrier that doesn't involve itself with my choice of hardware at all. I don't want their branding, I don't want their software, and I don't want their phone discounts. I just want a dumb wireless ISP, that minds its own fucking business.

T-Mobile used to have a plan in which you could get a monthly discount if you brought your own phone and didn't use their hardware discounts. Not sure if they still do, but if they do, and it's better than just symbolic, I'll probably be ditching Verizon shortly and moving there. Buying an unlocked customization and developer friendly phone outright, and living happily ever after.

Zarathustra[H];1041724957 said:
T-Mobile used to have a plan in which you could get a monthly discount if you brought your own phone and didn't use their hardware discounts. Not sure if they still do, but if they do, and it's better than just symbolic, I'll probably be ditching Verizon shortly and moving there. Buying an unlocked customization and developer friendly phone outright, and living happily ever after.

They do and I recommend it. Actually, it is the ONLY plan they have now. So the way it works is they charge you for your plan and your phone separate. Their base plan is $50/month (they have some cheaper prepaids) and that gets you unlimited text/talk in and to the US, Canada and Mexico. Also 1GB of 4G data, after which your speed gets dropped to 2G speeds (so like 150k/sec). You can buy larger data plans.

Now that doesn't include a phone. So if you bring your own phone, $50/month is what you pay. You buy a phone from them and pay up front, again $50/month. If you have good credit, they'll give you a phone for no down, no interest with payments over 24 months. This then ends up being a price more like what you'd pay on other carriers. However, once the phone is paid off, your payment goes down.

Basically they totally separate equipment and access charges. So you can deal with it however you like.

It is how it should be done IMO. None of this "subsidized" crap. You see the price of the phone up front, if you choose to pay for it in installments then when you pay it off (and you can pay it off early) your bill goes down and it is yours to keep.

If you buy the phone up front, or when you finish paying for it, they'll unlock it at no charge so you can use it with other carriers. If you bring you own phone (needs to be GSM to work with their network) they don't lock it.

I've been real happy with them. Their coverage isn't quite as good as Verizion, but has been pretty good and I've had no real issues. Also their WiFi calling helps with it a lot. When you phone is on WiFi it can make and receive calls using that. Helps in situations where there's no service, like in the basement of a building or the like. Also helps battery life as it shuts off the cellular radio and just uses WiFi.

8 is better than 7 from what I heard, but there is a method to downgrade to iOS 6 floating around.

My bad. I meant 7, 8 and 9, not 6, 7, 8.

I'm on 8, though I haven't upgraded to the latest release. I always wait a while. Honestly, the only reason to upgrade now is for apple music, and I don't need it...I've got my own music server.

I lol'd at people that believe in anything Apple says.

Like how you're holding the phone wrong (only took more than a year for them to give out bumpers, and even then they're still in denial),
or that the phone doesn't bend (someone went to an Apple store and bent every phone),
or that they didn't fix ebook prices (settled, but that's just another word for getting caught red-handed),
or that OSX is virus proof, (this is just lol)
or that there is no fragmentation (because anything older than the two most current iOS versions don't count, seriously?)

Now we have this claim that 99% users are satisfied...probably because anyone that are not satisfied didn't count.

I became unhappy with my old iPhone 3G when I upgraded to iOS4 years and years ago and it made my phone slow as molasses on a winter's day. That was when I switched to Android.

Same thing happened to my friend and a rep on the phone told him "well you can just buy the new iPhone 4."

When the iPhone was not horribly slow it was a great phone. But if you do a little bit of homework and like tinkering you can make an android phone an equally pleasant experience to work with, especially these days when basically everything is on both platforms. (Compared to 2011 when the iPhone had a lot of exclusivity with apps). But I get that's not for everyone.

I do think Apple still manages to make beautiful looking phones...but others have caught up to them there as well.

I became unhappy with my old iPhone 3G when I upgraded to iOS4 years and years ago and it made my phone slow as molasses on a winter's day. That was when I switched to Android.

I've never really liked Apple, but I gave them a chance with the iPhone 3G. I didn't like iTunes and had a few issues with the phone's software that forced me to factory reset it. The fact that the "upgrade" made my phone run horribly slow was the last straw for me. I bought an HTC One X and have stayed with Android ever since.

Avoid 8.4! Lots of complaints about reduced battery life, slow unlocking, and rotation problems. I have it on my iPad, but it's loo late to downgrade back to 8.3.

My iPhone still has 8.3. :)

I have 8.4...haven't noticed any of that.

This thread is okay, but if I made a thread about Android...oh boy!

There is some wisdom to Apples iPhone business model.
All preparatory they control everything.

With Android you may get a product that meets bare minimum specs and preforms like absolute CRAP. (Samsung Centura)

BUT, by the same token there are many phone on the market that use Android that are cheaper than an iPhone and outperform them.

You get what you pay for.

99% is a bit of a joke, but I can honestly say aside from the crap battery life on my 6+, I am completely satisfied with my phone. The battery life thing was really starting to bother me on previous models, but they seem to finally have fixed the slow charging problems, so as long as I have access to an outlet during the day, it'll only take ~1/2 an hour to charge to full.

I have 8.4...haven't noticed any of that.

Now that its been pointed out...my battery life does suck.

Oh well, I'm sure it'll get fixed. Happened with one other update and it was fixed with the next one. Slightly annoying, but meh.

I can see the survey form now:

How satisfied are you with your iPhone:

• Very satisfied
  • Satisfied
  • Somewhat satisfied

Regardless what you pick....technically you are "satisfied." :D

Looks like a CNN Poll.

How do you feel about Barrack Obama as president?
  • Very satisfied
  • Satisfied
  • Somewhat satisfied

Result, Everyone LOVES Obama! :D

I'd buy iPhones for my grandparents since more than one button is confusing for them along with having too much freedom like moving home screen icons wherever. It's nice not getting a call from them every hour when they've accidentally move an icon and can't locate it in the old position.

For people with low expectations and little experience I can see them being content with iOS.

Personally, Apple IIgs was the last great Apple product I owned. Mac SE/30 was a POS then I went PC which is what Macs are these days especially having to bootcamp to run anything useful on Windows.

Well... I must have been the 1%... because I hated my iPhone. Well... didn't "hate" just didn't impress me. I much prefer my Nexus 5.

Well... I must have been the 1%... because I hated my iPhone. Well... didn't "hate" just didn't impress me. I much prefer my Nexus 5.

I've heard good things about it. I co-worker had some other android phone and hated it, so he bought a nexus outright. This has always been the advantage of Apple. It's pricey (with PC's it's dramatically overpriced in some cases), but you know what you're getting. WIth PC's, you've got 50 models from Dell...a bunch of others from Alienware and then you gotta look at HP, Lenovo, Sony, Toshiba, Gateway...the list goes one.

If you're not an enthusiast, it can be overwhelming. Some day I may try android again, but that day is not today ;)

Back