Apple Ads Claim 99% iPhone Satisfaction Rate

I can see the survey form now:

How satisfied are you with your iPhone:

• Very satisfied
  • Satisfied
  • Somewhat satisfied

Regardless what you pick....technically you are "satisfied." :D

I know we hate iPhones because of their closed nature, I myself switched to Android around Iphone 4s / Android 4.4, but I've never met an iPhone owner who didn't love their device. The survey is probably accurate.

This thread is okay, but if I made a thread about Android...oh boy!

I know we hate iPhones because of their closed nature, I myself switched to Android around Iphone 4s / Android 4.4, but I've never met an iPhone owner who didn't love their device. The survey is probably accurate.

Exactly. I think it's much harder to say Android. Not because there aren't good devices, but there are also Android devices that have been kinda meh. The only fair comparison would be to ask, for example, Galaxy s6 owners if they're satisfied. I had one model (can't recall which one now) that was great if you installed a custom ROM, but unbearably slow if you used the one that came with it.

Ultimately, get what you want...it's a phone. Honestly, I'd like to try a Windows device, but I'll wait till 10 has been out a while and see how the reviews look.

99% of the people that bothered to tell us they were satisfied were satisfied. :p

I'm satisfied with my MBP, but I wouldn't bother telling Apple that I am. I'm also satisfied with my Android phone, but I wouldn't tell Google that either.

• Very satisfied
  • Satisfied
  • Somewhat satisfied

Wait, are you sure that is not the [H] forum poll instead? :D

Every time I see "comments are disabled for this video" it signals to me that the content of the video is likely to be very unpopular, and is probably not very accurate.

Every time I see "comments are disabled for this video" it signals to me that the content of the video is likely to be very unpopular, and is probably not very accurate.

I've seen disabled comments on videos that should generate nothing but positive comments (e.g. a mountain lion runs across the 5 to save a puppy from on coming traffic and then brings it to the puppy's owner...the owner gives the lion a bowl of milk...the end).

There are always going to be trolls and when it comes to OS wars, it's not worth having a comments turned on...nothing positive will come from it.

Comments, ratings and number of views really makes it difficult for many people to form their own opinion.

I'm in the iPhone camp, though I'd be willing give Windows phone a chance. If I'm going to try something different, it's going to be something different.

I've never met an unhappy iPhone user so far. Unhappy android users I've met many.

I'm on my third iPhone (fourth if you count my work phone) ... I have been perfectly happy with the phone (it does a decent job and hasn't given me excessive heartburn) ... you couldn't pay me to get an Apple computer (Intel with Team Green running Microsoft for the Win) but their phone does what I need it to do (and with more than 1000 apps I have little incentive to change platforms ... unless Google wants to offer me direct replacements for all my apps to switch :cool: )

The only time I have been unhappy with an iPhone was when Apple refused to increase the screen size, and when it first did, it was a measly half inch more. That made me jump to my Note II. I was going to get the iPhone 6 but could never find one in stock so went with the Note 4 instead. I'll probably go back to Apple eventually though.

Apple sells an average of 50 to 60 million iPhones per quarter, so that's about as many unhappy Apple customers as there are Windows Phone customers total.

I've never met an unhappy iPhone user so far. Unhappy android users I've met many.

I've met a few, mainly due to the bendiness of the 6 Plus. But overall, not that much.

The result of the survey doesn't surprise me though.

Apple Cultists would like it even if it was the biggest turd around.
Apple Haters won't get it.
There are cheaper smart phones out there, so you're likely going to have a pro-Apple mindset to begin with if you do purchase it.

Finally, I'll give Apple credit where credit is due. They do pay attention to aesthetics and ease of use. Far too many tech companies think anyone can design a UI. Just because a company might have Ivy League grads with an MS and PhDs does not mean they know the first thing about usability. A good interface is an art, and really something that can't be taught. You're either good at it, or you're terrible. Most people are pretty terrible at it, and it's a lesson that everyone from management to the engineers need to learn.

I've met a few, mainly due to the bendiness of the 6 Plus. But overall, not that much.

There are cheaper smart phones out there, so you're likely going to have a pro-Apple mindset to begin with if you do purchase it.

Finally, I'll give Apple credit where credit is due. They do pay attention to aesthetics and ease of use. Far too many tech companies think anyone can design a UI. Just because a company might have Ivy League grads with an MS and PhDs does not mean they know the first thing about usability. A good interface is an art, and really something that can't be taught. You're either good at it, or you're terrible. Most people are pretty terrible at it, and it's a lesson that everyone from management to the engineers need to learn.

I don't think the mindset is the issue. I was an anti-iPhone person for years...then about 3 years ago I got one through work (because I just wanted to try one, but had no desire to actually pay for one). At first I was unconvinced, but overtime, I've become pretty happy with it. It's not perfect (I think Touchdown on Android is better than apple's mail app), but it's generally good enough.

About the only current bug (if it's a bug and not a network issue) is that I sometimes find email doesn't update...I also find it annoying that the mail app asks for a password several times a week, even though it doesn't need one.

But that's more of an annoyance than a real problem. For the most part it just works and with a phone, that matters. I don't mind messing with my PC, but I have no desire to mess with a phone.

Well, I must be part of the 1% because I hate my iPhone 6. Biggest piece of shit I've ever owned. My 3gs and my 4s were good phones, but this 6 makes me want to punch a kitten. Text messenging locks up constantly. The screen just randomly decides it won't rotate anymore. Weird keyboard behavior. Completely retarded auto correct. Safari screws up constantly and just decides not to load sites anymore until I close it manually. WiFi just randomly stops working. That's just the shit I deal with on a daily basis, there are all kinds of little wtf glitches. Wish to god I had waited for the S6 or bought an S5.

Went back and forth between iPhone and Android multiple times out of curiosity of what Android had to offer. Every time I went back to the iPhone. I currently have the iPhone 6 which is my fourth iPhone and I love it. Haven't been disappointed by any of the four phones I had. I can see this being somewhat true.

comments disabled because android users and apple haters would flood the comments.

38% of iPhone users disagree with the 99%, therefore their votes were not tallied.

I think the more telling statistic is 79% purchase android phones. I suspect that's where the dissatisfied iPhone users went.

• Very satisfied
  • Satisfied
  • Somewhat satisfied

• Fucking satisfied

I think the more telling statistic is 79% purchase android phones. I suspect that's where the dissatisfied iPhone users went.

No, it just means a lot of people are suckered in by cheap/free phones. A buddy of mine got an Android strictly based on the cost (nothing). His satisfaction is proportional to what he paid (he hates it).

Now if you'll excuse me I'm going to FaceTime with the gf who's on a trip. Which is stupidly easy and done with a minimal number of taps and works perfectly and across all of my Apple devices.

You can't look at total Android sales. Android includes a lot of different companies. The closest you can get is Samsung v Apple, though even that isn't great, because we can't see the % of Samsung Galaxy (as opposed to other models) vs Apple. Or better still, the latest Galaxy models vs the latest Apple devices.

Bottom line is that total samsung vs total apple is very close: http://time.com/3840414/samsung-apple-market-share/

I've never met an unhappy iPhone user so far.

I hear a lot more complaints from iPhone users at the office than I do from Android users.
After complaining about slowness, having to restart them several times a day, etc, these same iPhone users end up going out and buy another iPhone.

I'm sure part of the problem is than most the iPhone users at the office are not technical, while most the Android users are, and they fix any problems themselves instead of complaining about it :)

A new android malware is found every 18 seconds. That alone is reason enough to use iOS.

I hear a lot more complaints from iPhone users at the office than I do from Android users.
After complaining about slowness, having to restart them several times a day, etc, these same iPhone users end up going out and buy another iPhone.

I'm sure part of the problem is than most the iPhone users at the office are not technical, while most the Android users are, and they fix any problems themselves instead of complaining about it :)

Well gee if they have iPhone3s then yes slowness and reboots may be an issue. iPhone4S and up - if you need rebooting and/or it's slow you have either a broken phone or defective apps running on it.

I'm not sure 99% is accurate, but I don't think its too far off, either. I've tried a couple android devices and have gone back to the iPhone as well. The closed nature of the iPhone is probably ultimately what takes me back to it. In may experiences, I just encountered way to many bugs in apps because of the wide variations of the hardware. I've not had issues with apps working as intended on the iPhone yet.

Wuh? How old are their phones? After 3 years or so, they start to get slow (though probably not an issue if you don't update the OS), but I've never EVER had to restart the phone daily (or even monthly).

Your post sounds almost identical to the mac and *nix people who said you have to constantly reboot Windows, even though I was going a month between reboots (i.e. patch on the 2nd Tuesday of the month, reboot, rinse repeat).

Well gee if they have iPhone3s then yes slowness and reboots may be an issue. iPhone4S and up - if you need rebooting and/or it's slow you have either a broken phone or defective apps running on it.

The 4s has gotten slower due to OS updates. If you've got a 4s and you're on IOS6...stick with it...if not, don't upgrade to 8.

I have met several converts myself who once they tried a modern Android phone, dropped the iPhone next upgrade cycle. Cue Santa/M&M Voices - "They do exist"!

Look if you ask anyone about an expensive purchase most of the time they're going to say they were happy with it. It's reinforcement that they made the right decision when they made the purchase.

Example: I buy a gadget, it's crap, do I tell my friends that ask about it that it's crap, probably not. I am not going to say it's a great product I will go on Amazon and lambaste it by giving it one star, but I don't want my friends to know that I did not do my research, or that I made a purchase that was in hindsight a bad idea.

I had a 3g and I was 'satisfied' with the device itself. iTunes on the other hand... the PC version is a godawful piece of bloatware.

A phone is a phone. If it can view the internet fine and get files to/from my PC without hassle I don't really care about the brand much. I upgraded to a Galaxy S3 a couple years ago and I've been using it since.

The 4s has gotten slower due to OS updates. If you've got a 4s and you're on IOS6...stick with it...if not, don't upgrade to 8.

8 is better than 7 from what I heard, but there is a method to downgrade to iOS 6 floating around.

Avoid 8.4! Lots of complaints about reduced battery life, slow unlocking, and rotation problems. I have it on my iPad, but it's loo late to downgrade back to 8.3.

My iPhone still has 8.3. :)

Back