App to control bandwidth limiting on networked computers?

Gar

n00b
I'm looking for an app that I can use to limit the download/upload speed of my other computers on my network, and I'd like to be able to do it all from just my desktop with only having to install the app on my desktop if possible.

I have 2 other laptops that are usually on 24/7 and running various software such as utorrent, DC++, etc. And while I'm sitting at my desktop I would like to be able to throttle their download/upload speed when I have work to do online without having to get up and go upstairs/downstairs and manually configure each app on the separate laptops.

I was thinking Netlimiter2 Pro would allow this after reading the description, but for the life of me I can't seem to figure out how to throttle my laptops from my desktop computer.

All the computers are connected via wireless to my Linksys Router if that makes any difference.

Any suggestions? Freeware would be great, but I'd be willing to pay a small price if I could find an app that would do exactly like I want.

If you can do QoS on your router, it'll probably be the easiest way. Other options would be to install VNC so you can connect to your other machines without having to leave your desk.

My router is a WRT54G, I'm pretty sure that model doesn't support QoS, at least not with any factory firmwares (i've heard of hacked firmwares possibly allowing this but haven't checked into them yet).

I guess VLC would work, I use it to help my sister with her computer problems since she lives 3 hours away, but thats not an ideal solution. Was hoping for something simple like just opening an app and clicking a checkbox and have the bandwidth on my other machines magically throttled :p. Kind of like how NetLimiter works on the machine it is installed on.

Back