Apology to JF-AMD

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpeedyVV

Supreme [H]ardness
JF-AMD:
In the name of those a holes that attacked you, I apologize.

There is no excuse, but one thing I can assure you, it is not the sentiment of many including myself that you were somehow misleading.

Hope to see you soon.
Regards,
SpeedyVV

Really just need to wait for all the high strung emotions to wind down over the coming weeks. I'm sure he will be back sometime. This processor was released a few days ago after all. I don't want to see people scapegoating him, so I think it is best if he lays low for awhile.

I agree with xB - lay low for a while, but I do hope he will come back. I appreciated his insights on the technology.

He deserves no apology.

Let's consider the facts:
1. He never corrected his IPC claims and even claimed that anyone saying IPC decreases had agenda or was paid by Intel.
2. Bulldozer pre-launch FAQ in Overclock.net. He kept bullshitting people to the very end.
3. He got people banned on some forums (OCN and XS IIRC).
4. He told us the leaked benchmark were lies.
5. Last and maybe lowest of his actions was the attemp of shifting the blame on the hard working engineers at AMD in his Anandtech post (he claimed he only posted what engineers told him and what he thought was true). I think this point is completely unacceptable behavior and lack of respect to the people who actually do the hardest work.

He deserves no apology.

1. He never corrected his IPC claims and even claimed that anyone saying IPC decreases had agenda or was paid by Intel.
2. Bulldozer pre-launch FAQ in Overclock.net. He kept bullshitting people to the very end.
5. Last and maybe lowest of his actions was the attemp of shifting the blame on the hard working engineers at AMD in his Anandtech post (he claimed he only posted what engineers told him and what he thought was true). I think this point is completely unacceptable behavior and lack of respect to the people who actually do the hardest work.

whatever bro... it's people like you that drive away good forum members... don't leave JF... it's good to have an industry source regardless of the position of your computer or it's products

He deserves no apology.

Could you provide any links to these claims? Ive seen many posts by him and never anything like you are describing.

The summer release was delayed due to an error that.caused the hypertransport to flood. I am guessing that the new.stepping did not fix that. With rumors of a B3 stepping in the wild, I am probably right.

[citation needed]

I got nothing against JF I think it's a shame people give him shit, but this Bulldozer stepping thing I don't believe for one bit. Although I do think Bulldozer power consumption would be much better if they could somehow trim some of that transistor fat it has. Especially the uncore.

This is a very inappropriate manner in which JF was treated post the launch. The whole BD saga/fiasco once again shows that we, the so called enthusiasts, sometime take things too personally and despite of touting ourselves as cool guys it's us who lose the coolness very frequently. People needed someone to vent the venom, with AMD they thought JF was the one to flame. It's about time we should (once again?) try to realize that it was never about a product or a person. When we should learn to think beyond our rigs and upgrades and think of technology as a whole? Well, from the look of the things, not very soon. :(

He deserves no apology.

You didn't read his post did you. He's more or less a PR guy. He will not release IPC info or performance numbers prior to getting clearance....

Too much trolling going around on this forum the past year, glad I usually just stay in Gen May...

Funny on how if you don't use your single page fake out and actually read the whole thread, people are bringing up stuff that he had said a year ago even before they were producing the inital chips. Come on, if you don't have actual chips in hand you can only go by paper theory on how stuff is going to perform. But reading through the whole thread and the quoting people were doing, it doesn't look like he is trying to lie to people.

Long and short, shows how the internet is full of children or atleast childish adults. I have watched people spouting because others are working on finding ways to improve BD. At times I just wonder if it is really people just trying to get attention. Because it seems like the ones screaming the loudest have intel systems. So truely why in the world would it matter what AMD is doing when most of them have the latest and greatest intel.

As for me, I would like to see JF come back to the forums. I know he is in marketing on the server side, but it is always nice to atleast see his take on things.

This doesn't appear to be headed anywhere good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back