Apogee announces Symphony Desktop, a high-quality desktop audio interface

erek

[H]F Junkie
For the pre-audiophile in you! The almost audiophile / almost professional grade audio interface

"You can use Symphony Desktop in both Print and Dual Path link modes, both of which promise zero-latency monitoring when tracking through the Apogee FX. The advantage of using Dual Path link mode, though, is that you also have the option of adjusting FX later, rather than having them printed at the time of recording.

Symphony Desktop costs $1,299, though you could also choose the Symphony Desktop FX Complete bundle. This costs $1,299 and adds the Pultec EQP-1A, Pultec MEQ-5, ModEQ 6, ModComp and Opto-3A plugins (valued at $499 on their own)."

hMcRHT9P8vMxLpkGxogVHf-320-80.jpg

https://www.musicradar.com/news/nam...ktop-audio-interface-with-dsp-powered-plugins

I'm curious if the premium price is worth it for something like this. I use a $100 PreSonus box to record guitar, many others use similar (Scarlett, etc)... aside from the bundled plugins, I wonder what makes this worth such a gap in price over other interfaces.

I've always liked the look of Apogee hardware, though... maybe it suffers from the Apple problem, where the look of the hardware pulls me in and then I overspend :)

Reactions: erek
like this
Back