Apex Legends launching monday(titanfall BR)

agree, haven't really had any problems with origin except when it comes to updating games and the client at the same time. if you get a client update + game update you have to update the client first otherwise you have close/re-open origin if you start the game update first. only thing i'd like to see them add is the option to not update a game at all since i'll never play BF5 or BF1 again i hate having to cancel the updates for those games(unless i missed the option some where).

Under application settings, disable automatic game updates. Or uninstall the game.
The only game I've seen this not work for was Sims 4, as it will auto update regardless.

Under application settings, disable automatic game updates. Or uninstall the game.
The only game I've seen this not work for was Sims 4, as it will auto update regardless.

thanks, must of missed it when i was looking.

I like the game, hate the crashes, and it crashes often, sometimes I don't even make it to the char selection screen.

The other day it crashed with only 2 squads left -.-

I Always play with randoms, and sometimes it works pretty well, I have a couple wins, sometimes not so much and we are dead in seconds, usually due to badly chosen drop locations.

Still I like that the games are not too long so you can play in smaller stretches and and still get some xp and rewards.

I like the game, hate the crashes, and it crashes often, sometimes I don't even make it to the char selection screen.

The other day it crashed with only 2 squads left -.-

I Always play with randoms, and sometimes it works pretty well, I have a couple wins, sometimes not so much and we are dead in seconds, usually due to badly chosen drop locations.

Still I like that the games are not too long so you can play in smaller stretches and and still get some xp and rewards.

hmm haven't had it crash on me but i've seen it crash on some streamers. still no where as bad as the cod blackout crashes every other match. that being said i know there's been an issue with the last couple nvidia drivers having problems with apex. i'm still using the drivers from november.

I really like the game. I generally do not have problems crashing but experiencing a lot of games where one of my teammates DC a minute into the game. I'm on almost every night after 9:30 PST. Invite me if you're tired of playing solo: Gnortiz222

I really like the game. I generally do not have problems crashing but experiencing a lot of games where one of my teammates DC a minute into the game. I'm on almost every night after 9:30 PST. Invite me if you're tired of playing solo: Gnortiz222

This happened a lot last night. Many many rounds of 2 person squads which usually results in the 2nd leaving.

i hear that^^^
ive had 3 CTDs over the last few days. not the end of the world, they'll patch it.

Apex being my first Battle Royale game, are there going to be new maps released in the future or do BR games generally only have one map?

Apex being my first Battle Royale game, are there going to be new maps released in the future or do BR games generally only have one map?

it only makes sense for them to ride the wave and push out as much content as possible, new legends, new maps.

I think I’m sick of the wingman being able to put perform every gun in the game no matter the range. I’m sick of only finding Mozambique’s / alternators. I think I’ll take a break to see if they can make the r301 a gun that can do something at 100 yard range. I’m sick of finding 8 re45s and nothing else. Time for a break. The lag is getting bad as well.

I finally became a Champion! Wingman kill shot! Woooo!

View attachment 142037

Joined the club last night! :smuggrin:

Got 2 kills during the initial scrap, then found myself following a veritable two man army to victory. I mean these guys were just wading through multiple squads, just the pair of them, I was literally struggling to keep up. I think I healed them at one point, and one of them thanked me for a Legendary helmet I spawned. I helped. :p:LOL:

As for crashing, I've had it crash to desktop twice now, both times at map start and after like 2-3 hours of solid play. No error message shown, just CTD. Titan Xp, Win7.

When the fuck are they going to fix the Pascal/Turing series crashes??

when nvidia remembers how to make drivers..

generally it's only 1 map but i see no reason why they can't do multiple maps with the 60 player limit but making the arena style maps is a lot harder to balance than the open world maps pubg uses.

When the fuck are they going to fix the Pascal/Turing series crashes??

Strange I have yet to crash on a 1080 TI (~100 matches) and on a 1050 laptop (~25 matches). The game has been flawless in terms of performace, although on the laptop its gotta be at mid level settings at 1080p.

Strange I have yet to crash on a 1080 TI (~100 matches) and on a 1050 laptop (~25 matches). The game has been flawless in terms of performace, although on the laptop its gotta be at mid level settings at 1080p.

Not nearly as many matches, but no problems here yet either.

Zero crashes since i switched to a 1080ti myself. This game is great and i don't think they need to do much to tweak it.

ive had three CTDs so far over the last week, not the end of the world to me. and one time it even gave me my xp when it booted back up.
got my first win Saturday night, on one of those "two man" squads mentioned above, could barely keep up. last night got second with just me and the previous winner. im not that good but try to keep up and be helpful and have only got called useless once. so that's not bad. I still suck ass but find it really fun.

Nvidia drivers 419.35 came out today which supposedly fixed Apex crashing. Will try them out tonight.

Managed to get 2 wins last night. Definitely a fluke, 50/50 chance I either die within the first 2 minutes because my squad decides it will be fun jumping into the hottest area and hoping RNGesus gives us guns, or we jump somewhere desolate and we load up.

Usually play 4-6 games starting around 9pm EST if anyone is looking for a squad member.

origin: zrikz

Just started playing caustic last night, but have a majority of my time on lifeline / pathfinder.

I'm a big fan of the small squads, played for the first time tonight and I will definitely be coming back.

Unlike the modern Battlefield series, this feels like a game I can pick up for a couple hours.You used to be able to do that with BF1942, or later Bad Company 2.

Even if you're new at this game, with the right squad you can still win a round, if you pay attention to your squad mates (and keep them alive).

I'm running the latest Nvidia drivers, and had zero crashes.

Last edited:
Game seems a lot more stable since I got the latest drivers, no crashes yet /knocks on wood

Even managed to win another game (mostly thanks to my teammates as I still suck at the game)

Supposedly a patch to nerf Wingman and Peacekeeper today.

Good, I stopped playing after too many instances of being in a battle and being sniped by Wingman spam from a squad way off in the safe distance. Peacekeeper I didn't have any real issue with except maybe its damage at distance. Its slow rate of fire and low ammo capacity made up for it though.

Maybe Im making excuses for how mediocre my skill is these days but the Wingman was way too potent non headshot.

Latest drivers did nothing for my crashes. A temp fix for those of you crashing to desktop is try setting textures to low, and disable texture streaming. This isn't guaranteed to fix it, but it has worked for some people. Like me.

What kills this game for me, lately, is a lot of people "going solo" as soon as the match starts. They just fly off somewhere else never to be seen again. And the constant hot drops. I spend more time in the damn lobby than I do playing the game because everyone wants to hot drop and die instantly.

Latest drivers did nothing for my crashes. A temp fix for those of you crashing to desktop is try setting textures to low, and disable texture streaming. This isn't guaranteed to fix it, but it has worked for some people. Like me.

What kills this game for me, lately, is a lot of people "going solo" as soon as the match starts. They just fly off somewhere else never to be seen again. And the constant hot drops. I spend more time in the damn lobby than I do playing the game because everyone wants to hot drop and die instantly.

Yeah player behaviour seems to get worse the last couple of days. Yesterday I had some random guy starting to rant in some for me unknown laguage while on the char select screen, since I was jumpmaster I just landed in a hotzone, got him killed and enjoyed the rant that followed. The squads are pretty nice imo, but I'm not surprised that some people just want to do their ow thing iso beeing killed in 5 sec by the jumpmaster.

I usually don't get many kills, but with a decent team I can get pretty far, got like half a dozen wins so far.

I do have a feeling that not all my shot's register server side or something as imo players seem to be able to survive a lot of hits vs what I can take.

I don't understand the appeal of dropping into a spot where a dozen other teams drop into as well. Huge map and these clowns are desperate to die as quickly as they can.

I think a lot of players have no attention span and have no desire to spend time gathering loot and waiting a few minutes for shooting to happen.

I don't understand the appeal of dropping into a spot where a dozen other teams drop into as well. Huge map and these clowns are desperate to die as quickly as they can.
i tend to do that in games like this cause it helps me get a tad bit better. running around for 20mins, looting, and then not being able to win a fight is getting boring eventually. if you wanna get better, i think hot drops is the way to go

i tend to do that in games like this cause it helps me get a tad bit better. running around for 20mins, looting, and then not being able to win a fight is getting boring eventually. if you wanna get better, i think hot drops is the way to go

Yeah those 9 seconds you survive realy help hone your skills, for me quite the opposite, 50% of those hot drop games I did not even get a shot of let alone find a weapon.

Just had a round where, real shocker here, we hot dropped. Other two guys knocked right away. I didn't land right with them so I had a better chance of getting a gun. Which I did. Dude is on voice calling me garbage and to get in the fight. I killed 2 of the 3 other team before getting waxed. Dude is still calling me garbage...I'm like who died first with no kills, chode?

Yeah those 9 seconds you survive realy help hone your skills, for me quite the opposite, 50% of those hot drop games I did not even get a shot of let alone find a weapon.

I agree with both. It's hard to deal with the learning curve of the game because there's no real way to get used to how people move without being in the thick of things. At the same time going into those hot zones is a chaotic mess where you often don't get the chance to equip a weapon before being taken out. I've played a couple hundred matches so far and still try to avoid those areas. I'm much more inclined to be relatively close, get some gear and maybe go in and mop up. I've gone nearly twenty minutes without firing a shot multiple times though, haha

Definitely solid advice. Obviously you don't wanna do this all the time, but it's a damn fast way to get better at shooting rather than looting.

You also have a much better chance of winning a firefight at the start since even Mr Perfect hasn't had time to get his super amazing Armour and shit.

Definitely solid advice. Obviously you don't wanna do this all the time, but it's a damn fast way to get better at shooting rather than looting.

You also have a much better chance of winning a firefight at the start since even Mr Perfect hasn't had time to get his super amazing Armour and shit.
i got three kills just with punches last night, whole squad. hot zone turned into a melee fest, i was better :) then got killed by the first guy to grab a gun...

Ironically I'm the exact opposite. I hate hot zone drops because the chances of me getting a gun that I am good with, let alone any gun is so low. There's also way too many angles of attack to control. I much prefer finding my R301 with attachments and then planning attacks. All my squad wipes came this way. I'm an average player, the spasm that are hot zones is no longer my gaming ability sadly. R301 and Hemlok is my kit of choice. Can't wait till they nerf Wingmans, being sniped with those is so annoying. They need to drop damage at distance and add proper bullet drop for a pistol like that. Ridiculous its twice as powerful than the existing sniper rifles.

I've been playing the game with friends for a couple of weeks now, and this weird performance issue is causing me to let my team down. Despite getting 100+fps, I'm getting wildly inconsistent frame pacing. It feels like I'm playing at 25fps, especially during intense firefights. Visual settings don't seem to make a difference. Drivers are up to date, Is anyone else experiencing this?

Back