Apex Legends launching monday(titanfall BR)

Is this game something you have to be ultra twitchy to compete in or is there some form of strategy/stealth also involved? The last twitch shooter I played was UT and that was many years ago. Metro, Fallout, Far Cry, Tomb Raider are more my pace these days... /feelin old. For reference I haven't played any BR modes for any game out there except the original AM/TAM for UT2K4.

All FPS games period require twitch skill if you want to win. That said you can certainly do a lot more in a BR game like this one without it than other games. This weekend I had my laptop and I was just trying to farm up some legendary tokens. I get literally like 5 fps on my laptop in this game. I played about 10 games and placed top 3 in 3 of them, won, one, and only had 1 game where I went out before half the squads and in one of the top 3 finishes I was the only player on my team the other 2 clowns bailed out right away. You can literally run away and survive in BR games till the top 5 in most matches this is the strategy side and also if you focus on looting and building up your inventory you can have an advantage. The other thing to note is that the time to kill in the game is higher than say pubg so its not like pop headshot and your dead like counter strike style games.

That said gamers in general are just way better now days than in years past they have so many resources to work with from tutorials and so on so there are just millions of people with really good aim out there.

I wouldn't call it ultra twitchy....and there is a lot of strat/stealth involved. Its basically Titan Fall minus the Titans in a BR game.

TF2 was pretty twitchy especially with all the tools to wall climb and boost around. Played many a hour in that but mainly coop. Joining in the other modes and I would get schooled, granted I put no time in to get better at the mechanics.

For free I'll give it a try I guess, worst case I waste some bandwidth and HD churn.

It's free to play done right.

More over, they released a fairly balanced and well developed title at launch.

They deserve the success.

Heads up - There is a legendary scope that puts a red outline on enemies. It works through smoke - So don't be like the enemy team we just mopped up because they thought smoke would cover them fine.

I really hate being with idiot team mates who run out of a defensible position that an enemy team has to pass through in order to stay in the circle. Second match in a row where these idiots run out and get them selves killed for no reason.

Last edited:
It's free to play done right.

More over, they released a fairly balanced and well developed title at launch.

They deserve the success.
I'll be more than happy to play it when they add some real game modes to it.

Finally installed and decided to play this morning, pretty excited to put some hours into it to GET GUD

ALSO: I suck at this game

Last edited:
The thing I like most about Respawn games, they release a finished product that isn't a "launch" beta test for the end user. The original Titanfall is, in my opinion, one of the best FPS online shooters that has ever been released. I didn't put a lot of time in TF2, but the short time I put in it felt pretty good.

They did an excellent job with Apex, I have run into only one bug so far, and it may not even be a bug, just feels that way. It seems mostly balanced, and teamwork is much more important than other BR's I've played, which is a nice change, I've also (to this point) not run into much toxicity, which is rampant in other titles. I almost didn't get the game because I despise EA and hate the Origin launcher, but it was worth it for this title.

I'll be more than happy to play it when they add some real game modes to it.

This is something I actually really applauded Respawn for in TF1. It was very clear about what it was, an online shooter that played well. I'm so sick of games like CoD having single player campaigns, it's not what the game is designed around in any way. I'd be more than happy to pay for a full single player experience, but keep the online focused games in the mode they're actually pushing to be. Free to play and not confused about what it is or is trying to do is great to me. If you want more or different game modes, it's not the game for you, I have games I don't buy for the same reason, just up to you which it is you personally will or won't play.

Is this game something you have to be ultra twitchy to compete in or is there some form of strategy/stealth also involved? The last twitch shooter I played was UT and that was many years ago. Metro, Fallout, Far Cry, Tomb Raider are more my pace these days... /feelin old. For reference I haven't played any BR modes for any game out there except the original AM/TAM for UT2K4.

Which was a rip off of a Quake mod. It's not like that at all.

Sounds like they plan to add more maps, characters and more. My question is will they be free as well?

Maps probably will be free. New characters you'll have to either pay for or earn the ingame credits to unlock. Took me about 3 days to earn enough credits to lvl up to unlock 1 of 2 locked characters.

The blog post about the near future of Apex mentioned something about a "Battle Pass".. wonder what the hell that is in the context of a F2P game.

Sounds like they plan to add more maps, characters and more. My question is will they be free as well?
Yes. They stated that.

This isn’t a demo. The entire game will be free as long as people keep playing and buying cosmetics

This game plans to expand, unlike fortnite which just bilked millions of dollars off 11 year olds parents credit cards.

If they keep the core game the way it is, and expand with a few new characters and maps in the foreseeable future, you will see this game outlast other BR’s

The blog post about the near future of Apex mentioned something about a "Battle Pass".. wonder what the hell that is in the context of a F2P game.

It will be just like Fortnite and PUBG have their passes set up. They'll have a "season" (probably like 2-3 months) during which you can pay for the battle pass. Doing so will allow you to earn unique skins for that season. They may also may do something like +10% bonus in-game currency earned for pass holders.

I will say, having not played a BR in a while - this game is fun but I hate playing solo with people I don't know. 90% of the matches I've been in are people who will not use microphones or even go as far as to use the tagging system to tag enemies, etc. Friends FTW. I played 6 or 7 games without friends and racked up an astonishing 0 kills.

It's a short run addiction for me, though. Playing for skin unlocks and just "to be good" at an online shooter doesn't do it for me anymore it seems. OLD AGE....now I much prefer story or MMO type progression / immersion.

I will say, having not played a BR in a while - this game is fun but I hate playing solo with people I don't know. 90% of the matches I've been in are people who will not use microphones or even go as far as to use the tagging system to tag enemies, etc. Friends FTW. I played 6 or 7 games without friends and racked up an astonishing 0 kills.

It's a short run addiction for me, though. Playing for skin unlocks and just "to be good" at an online shooter doesn't do it for me anymore it seems. OLD AGE....now I much prefer story or MMO type progression / immersion.

Yeah I hope they introduce a solo mode. I know the focus is on team game play, but I also hate playing with randoms on these type of games due to the type of coordination it requires. I have a microphone, but I don't really care for talking to the random people...usually I get called a fag, my mother is going to get banged tonight because I suck, etc.... I believe the game can do quite well with a solo mode in its current iteration...always see teams split up, etc anyway.

At the very least they need to make it so you don't end up on a team with two people who are friends playing together. That just makes it bad.

The team of 2 friends will be down a dude, but I think everyone would be fine with it. If I'm playing with just one other friend we don't want a random on our team, and as stated it sucks when you are solo and get teamed with two friends.

Yeah I hope they introduce a solo mode. I know the focus is on team game play, but I also hate playing with randoms on these type of games due to the type of coordination it requires. I have a microphone, but I don't really care for talking to the random people...usually I get called a fag, my mother is going to get banged tonight because I suck, etc.... I believe the game can do quite well with a solo mode in its current iteration...always see teams split up, etc anyway.

I agree here. I try to take the squad serious with tagging, announcing equipment and suggesting attack patterns but on most occasions I get team split from the get go or other non team like behavior in game which causes us total failure. I also absolutely hate the players that take a gun for both main and secondary while teammates have nothing early on. I do not have a mic, never will. Let me go on my own and see what I can do.

surprising, i haven't run into anyone that has done that.. if anything i've found it surprisingly calm for it being a F2P game but then again i play late at night so there aren't that many kids on.

surprising, i haven't run into anyone that has done that.. if anything i've found it surprisingly calm for it being a F2P game but then again i play late at night so there aren't that many kids on.

I've had this exact same experience; I've played quite a lot in the last week and I have yet to run into anyone who was being toxic. I've run into a few who run off and do their own thing, but it has been extremely tame for 1. an FPS and BR and 2. a F2P.

I think a part of not seeing a lot of kiddos is the fact that it is impossible to install the game on a Child account, I tried for my son and had to create a second account as it is not possible to install F2P games on Child accounts in Origin currently.

Yeah, I really haven't ran into any absurdity either. All the groups I have got into have been pretty cooperative. I hope it stays this way. But can expect it with larger popularity.

Surprisingly, the random people I've played with have also been pretty cool. Most of them have even just said "GG, nice try guys" or something similar when we die. Not a single rage yet.

I've had this exact same experience; I've played quite a lot in the last week and I have yet to run into anyone who was being toxic. I've run into a few who run off and do their own thing, but it has been extremely tame for 1. an FPS and BR and 2. a F2P.

I think a part of not seeing a lot of kiddos is the fact that it is impossible to install the game on a Child account, I tried for my son and had to create a second account as it is not possible to install F2P games on Child accounts in Origin currently.

didn't even know that was an option in origin, interesting.

No clue how this is doing on the PC, but it is apparently blowing up on the consoles.

No clue how this is doing on the PC, but it is apparently blowing up on the consoles.
By all accounts it’s doing just as well on pc.

You know it’s a big deal when all of the top twitch streamers switched from fortnite to this for many of their main streaming hours

Surprisingly, the random people I've played with have also been pretty cool. Most of them have even just said "GG, nice try guys" or something similar when we die. Not a single rage yet.
Been my experience also.

I’ve played on a ps4 pro and on pc. Not a single squeaker 10 year old screaming at me that my mom is a rotten pig useless piece of scum. Edited for content of course

Its coming. I had a jackass scream at me because I only managed 3 kills to his 4 that I lost the game for the squad.

By all accounts it’s doing just as well on pc.

You know it’s a big deal when all of the top twitch streamers switched from fortnite to this for many of their main streaming hours
many of them get paid to play it. even the smaller fortnite streamers like cloakzy were getting paid to pay blackout. they all eventually switched back to fortnite as their main game. I think fortnite and this game will get equal viewer counts after a few weeks.

yesterdays patch or nvidia driver helped my fps alot. it went up by about 30. I had a 2nd place game. one of my team mates crashed, the other died and left. so just me left. I took out a 3 man squad. then 3rd partied two teams fighting. killed 2. then a 3 man squad was left. I hid behind a rock, got rushed by all 3. took out 1 and other two killed me lol. I think I'll need to play solos to enjoy this game more.

many of them get paid to play it. even the smaller fortnite streamers like cloakzy were getting paid to pay blackout. they all eventually switched back to fortnite as their main game. I think fortnite and this game will get equal viewer counts after a few weeks.

yesterdays patch or nvidia driver helped my fps alot. it went up by about 30. I had a 2nd place game. one of my team mates crashed, the other died and left. so just me left. I took out a 3 man squad. then 3rd partied two teams fighting. killed 2. then a 3 man squad was left. I hid behind a rock, got rushed by all 3. took out 1 and other two killed me lol. I think I'll need to play solos to enjoy this game more.

At least on Twitch, streamers are required to have "#sponsored" in their stream title if they're being paid to play. If you don't see that, they aren't being paid by anyone to play.

When they were sponsored or #ad streams, they have to label them as such in the title. I doubt Shroud, Ninja, DrDisrespect, DrLupo etc would risk their lucrative business model by taking money without labeling it properly.

2 nights ago, Apex had almost double the viewers total than fortnite. That hasn’t happened since Fortnite dethroned league of legends.

I’ve been watching twitch for years. Usually when the top streamers switch to a new main, the game sticks around. PUBG blew up because of this, H1Z1 also. And Dayz the mod and stand alone blew up also in the same manor.

Of course when you have 102K viewers watching a few hours of a game, like shroud did last night, people will give it a shot. Especially if it’s free.

I don’t feel like the only reason Apex is a new main for some major streamers if because they are being paid by the developer.

They are however playing a very popular fun game, and being paid by their viewers.

Back