Apex Legends launching monday(titanfall BR)

Discussion in 'PC Gaming & Hardware' started by Gabe3, Feb 3, 2019.

1. pendragon1

pendragon1 [H]ardForum Junkie

2. pendragon1

3. spine

spine 2[H]4U

:( Haven't played since a mid September patch just completely killed my framerate. Playing at 1080p@240hz, it's now in the 45fps level in some areas! Running it in a crappy window actually makes it run faster, so something is seriously fucked.

Seems some other folk are affected, but most people either aren't getting it or haven't noticed.

Hoping the new season will bring a fix, else that's me out for good. :mad:

4. rudy

rudy [H]ardForum Junkie

I know it is frustrating when you can't figure out what is wrong with something on a computer. If you are up for some trouble shooting though you could drop this high fps autoexec in and see if it fixes the problem.
    https://github.com/Gevorian/Apex-Legends/blob/master/Autoexec

5. spine

spine 2[H]4U

Thanks, tried it, but it made no difference, the problem is most likely either;

Windows 7.
    HPET enabled in bios and OS (2nd step is important, check here. If it ain't saying ~14.3, then it's not enabled).

Last edited: Oct 1, 2019
  6. Denpepe

Denpepe [H]ard|Gawd

make sure you have the latest version of icue from corsair installed if you use that, supposedly causes some fps issues for some people according to Steve GN.

7. pendragon1

8. spine

spine 2[H]4U

I don't use that, thanks, although you've just made me suspect the Logitech shitware I need to run for my custom keys, will try disabling that....

9. spine

spine 2[H]4U

...and it's fixed all of a sudden! :confused:

Just like the other reports, I didn't do anything and now it's running at full speed again!

Funnily enough I had tried it right after the Season 3 update patch and it was still broken. I did do a repair though, but I think that's a red herring since I'd previously done a complete uninstall and re-download/install before and it fixed nothing.

But I just fired it up last night in an effort to have another go at diagnosing it, and duh magically, suddenly all good! 240fps+ as previously.

So things it definitely wasn't:
    • Windows 7
    • HPET enabled in bios and OS
    • 3rd party software interference

Very weird. Hope it doesn't come back and others have noted...:cautious:

10. 5150Joker

5150Joker 2[H]4U

The new energy gun is so broken. I'm sure they will either nerf it or make it a limited drop gun like the L-Star because it's WAY too easy to kill people with this and get killed by it. Case in point:

1. Me killing guys w/a stock energy gun and no sight from at least 200m out: https://gyazo.com/f65ecab94439ac38830f29c2f8afa70e
    2. Using it casually in a 3:1 fight and winning and then getting wiped hard by it as I respawn my teammates:

Last edited: Oct 6, 2019
    Comixbooks likes this.
  11. 5150Joker

5150Joker 2[H]4U

Respawn proves once again that they have no idea what they're doing with game balance. The peacekeeper was already overpowered after they buffed it at the start of season 3 but then they went and did it again by making the pellet width bigger. To make things worse, they nerfed the wingman yet again for no good reason (other than they are probably shit with it) and yet again buffed sniper weapons.

I bet my friends we would destroy everyone if we made a peacekeeper squad because of how stupidly OP the gun is now and well here are the results:

12. Colonel Sanders

Colonel Sanders 2[H]4U

Isn't the point of the peacekeeper that it's only really good in very close quarters? (better with the choke but fairly difficult to use that way) If you break all the weapons in the game down by how effective they are at close/medium/long range then the peacekeeper should be the strongest close range weapon.

As for the charge rifle, I'm leaning towards agreeing that it is OP. However in the clip you posted from last month, the R99 was what really bagged you those kills, the charge rifle just added some damage to the mix. It's pretty hard to use up close. No easier really than the tripletake or longbow. I played a few rounds this week where I was using the charge rifle in close or medium range and my target was able to time jumps to my shots to literally jump over the final blast every time, lol.

And of course you're a sitting duck while respawning someone, for any sniper weapon, not just the charge rifle. Just playing devil's advocate ;)

13. 5150Joker

5150Joker 2[H]4U

Peacekeeper with a choke can snipe 100 dmg over 70m out easily. In addition with the pellet width increase it's super easy to use and nail people. The charge rifle was nerfed twice since I posted that other video so it's a bit better now though still OP.

14. sabrewolf732

sabrewolf732 2[H]4U

Meh, you can actually fight people with the tripletake vs charge rifle now, whereas before the charge was just god status and there was no point trying to outsnipe the charge with a tripletake.

Colonel Sanders likes this.
  15. Colonel Sanders

Colonel Sanders 2[H]4U

Ah OK, I hadn't followed Apex much until recently so I wasn't aware they nerfed the charge rifle. It must have been frickin' insane before.

5150Joker likes this.
  16. 5150Joker

5150Joker 2[H]4U

Well the main takeaway point of my original video was I got sniped by the charge rifle without ever seeing the shooter or even getting time to get to cover. It was extremely broken on release and still is overpowered even after two mini nerfs though more tolerable. The TT just needed faster reload time rather than increased damage and the G7 with the double shot hop up was already powerful enough. The shotguns didn't need a buff and nobody ever asked for it either.

sabrewolf732 likes this.