Apex Legends launching monday(titanfall BR)

This might actually be quite good. I always maintained that Titanfall's main weakness for online gameplay was the tiny player caps and retarded AI team mates. Pilot only gameplay across large maps with 32 players plus should work very well, notwithstanding that I am not a fan of battle royal mechanics.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
Probably slightly irrelevant but still: Titanfall 2 was a hell of a good game. Underrated. Overlooked. Too short but awesome single player. Fun multiplayer.
The campaign was well done and the multiplayer is unique and fun. Probably one of the most underrated series this generation. Unfortunately Titanfall 2's release was overshadowed by Battlefield 1 and Call of Duty Infinite Warfare which launched both right before and after it.

60 player cap is weak but I’m looking forward to it!

Their 8am twitch live stream was a shitty tease. No gameplay or anything, just some grass swaying left and right. Looked pretty but pointless.

Full reveal supposed to be coming at noon today on twitch.

60 player cap is weak but I’m looking forward to it!

Their 8am twitch live stream was a shitty tease. No gameplay or anything, just some grass swaying left and right. Looked pretty but pointless.

Full reveal supposed to be coming at noon today on twitch.

It has short clips pop on screen every so often right now. But I agree, the teaser stream is a waste of time until the full reveal.

News got broke by anti-SJW TheQuartering on YouTube
No one credits TheQuartering
???
MSM working as intended

???
MSM working as intended

Could be because all that guy does is talk negative bullshit all the time. Gets old

Just played it, very fun game. Guns have a nice heft to them, very fun for a free to play. Can see this lasting. Some fresh elements to the battle royale genre too!

and of course, it runs great.

only a matter of time before Respawn gets a spot on the EA casualty list.

this is getting decent reviews but I'd still prefer Titanfall 3 which Respawn says is not in development

no wall running. this game looks so much like cod, with some things from overwatch.

There's a lot of gamers streaming it on twitch if you want to see how it looks/plays without having to download it yourself. Looks like CoD4:Blackout but with elements of the Titanfall art style and some enhanced movement capabilities (for example you can run up walls but only a short distance).

Sorry, but this was a let down for me. I was hoping this was literally going to be Titanfall with a BR mode.

Apex Legends looks like a mash-up of Blackout and Overwatch. Don't really find it interesting.

Played a bunch of matches tonight and thought the game was fun enough that I'd play it again - it's free after all. I think "COD meets Overwatch" is probably accurate - I don't play COD or BF though so this doesn't necessarily bother me. The gunplay is mostly ADS you'd expect from COD, but you pick a "legend" to start each match and they each have a passive ability, a Q ability (medium cooldown), and ultimate (z) ability unique to the character. The mobility seems to be limited to running and using ziplines that can either go point-to-point or launch you up in the air from a zip tower so you can rocket somewhere else nearby.

The guns all sound great but they are very difficult to tell apart at a glance, which is unfortunate. It's also not clear how much health and armor you have as there don't seem to be any numbers anywhere, but when you deal damage you see damage values.

The environment kinda looks like what Evolve would look like if you made it with Source; it's pretty impressive for Source, but definitely showing its age. Other than the gunfire, I did not find the sound to be very good at all, honestly; turning myself 90° while listening to some dialogue and having the voice totally drop from one earphone is pretty bad. Tough when we've grown used to Frostbite and UE4, etc.

tried to play tonight with 2 friends. but they kept getting DC when we all would ready up. I expect issues for day one which is why I wasn't even going to try playing tonight.

This was a very neutral experience. Nothing great, Nothing Bad...

Doubt I'll play it much.

what fps are you guys getting? I get 50 with the settings nearly maxed. and the game looks like crap as is so dont want to lower the settings.

what fps are you guys getting? I get 50 with the settings nearly maxed. and the game looks like crap as is so dont want to lower the settings.

There was a new driver released last night, did you try that? I wasn't really watching my FPS because it seemed like it was maxed out.

I also threw this in an autoexec.cfg file since it's a Source game:

cl_cmdrate 66
cl_updaterate 66
rate 100000

cl_interp_ratio 1
cl_interp 0.0152

m_rawinput 1
mat_vsync 0
m_filter 0
m_customaccel 0
m_mouseaccel1 0
m_mouseaccel2 0

There was a new driver released last night, did you try that? I wasn't really watching my FPS because it seemed like it was maxed out.

I also threw this in an autoexec.cfg file since it's a Source game:

cl_cmdrate 66
cl_updaterate 66
rate 100000

cl_interp_ratio 1
cl_interp 0.0152

m_rawinput 1
mat_vsync 0
m_filter 0
m_customaccel 0
m_mouseaccel1 0
m_mouseaccel2 0
I didnt try the driver since it didn't mention the game. but I should give that a go. I've seen a benchmark of people getting 90 fps with a 1070, but thats on 1080p.

i'm getting 50-65 on a 1050ti @ 1080p with everything maxed out except AA turned off and triple buffering turned off.. i did have one random anomaly in a very specific building where my frame rate tanked to 30-35fps until i got out of it and then it was fine after that.

???
MSM working as intended

Because nobody wants to bother with angry bitter crazies with mental issues.

Game is good though and runs great.

Reactions: Auer
like this
upload_2019-2-6_9-46-34.png

I'll definitely give this a shot when I have a chance and I'm not getting sucked into Overwatch, looks more exciting than the usual br games out now.

10M unique and 1M concurrent players within 72 hours of launch. I haven't played myself yet but that is pretty impressive, even for a F2P game. People really do love their damn battle royales don't they?

10M unique and 1M concurrent players within 72 hours of launch. I haven't played myself yet but that is pretty impressive, even for a F2P game. People really do love their damn battle royales don't they?
I'm going to take these numbers with a grain of salt. 10 million unique players and 1 million concurrent players after 72 hours is impressive, but not a huge achievement for a hyped up free to play game. Now, if they can retain or further grow these numbers in 6 months time then I'll say they've reached a big achievement.

There is no grow. it is the fortnight/pubg thing all over again. It is one audience and the person that can put out the best product captures much of that audience. So it will be interesting to see what they can manage and how it affects the other games.

This is not true, there was no marketing/announcements for this. No one even knew of it's existence until a week before it's release and that was due to a leak by a third party. This was the complete opposite of a hyped up marketing extravaganza. The only "marketing" they did was hiring some of the top twitch streamers to play it for a couple days after it's release.

That said, you're right that it will be difficult for them to maintain a large player base over time.

The only "marketing" they did was hiring some of the top twitch streamers to play it for a couple days after it's release.

That's honestly the most effective way to hype up the game now...

You have some of the biggest influencers in the industry paid to play the game for hours to hundreds of thousands of viewers that will inevitably spread the hype by word of mouth.

Back