APC XS-1300 UPS Used in Box with all original accessories

looks dusty and scratched, not like new. How old are the batteries? how old is the UPS itself? Like new when it comes to a UPS is a strong statement that should be backed up with a some facts.

Holy crap, I got a new cyber power 1300 from Costco for like $89 not too long ago to replace my xs1300lcd. Still have it, gonna hit it with some Windex so it looks like new. Time to make some money...

Cut it out. You're trolling now.
I'd have to agree... I've been noticing that more and more here in FS/FT. Frequent thread crapping and trolling. If you have nothing of value to add or think its not a good deal then just move on. I rarely see where the OP posts something for sale and also asks for peoples opinions on what it is or what they think its worth.

I'd have to agree... I've been noticing that more and more here in FS/FT. Frequent thread crapping and trolling. If you have nothing of value to add or think its not a good deal then just move on. I rarely see where the OP posts something for sale and also asks for peoples opinions on what it is or what they think its worth.

You missed a thread in the general part of the forum. OP is trolling. Second poster is somewhat too, but accurate.

My post is not even close to thread crapping. Simply looking for some factual information.
I don't believe he was referring to you, I had a post after you that I believe he was referring to. I deleted it because there is not point in trying. OP is trolling and the pricing is ridiculous compared to what is out there. More power to him though if he can actually find someone to pay that price...

I don't believe he was referring to you, I had a post after you that I believe he was referring to. I deleted it because there is not point in trying. OP is trolling and the pricing is ridiculous compared to what is out there. More power to him though if he can actually find someone to pay that price...

I coulda sworn there was another post. Heh.

looks dusty and scratched, not like new. How old are the batteries? how old is the UPS itself? Like new when it comes to a UPS is a strong statement that should be backed up with a some facts.

The UPS is only 1 year old, but I'm not sure about the battery because I don't know how long it sat on Office Maxes shelves before I bought it. It is like new though and didn't need much cleaning. Also, it includes all the original accessories and packaging. The battery might need replaced though because the unit wasn't charging, even after APC finally made the software available around the time I put this up for sale and I don't know if the battery still charged at all when I listed this, so I'm at a complete loss for words especially considering I don't know which battery this thing uses and don't want to break it trying to take it apart to find out in order to help the buyer and give them the best deal to avoid a bad transaction or deal.

Last edited:

Look the buy it now is the most I hope to make and the or best offer is as low as I want to go that I think is reasonable. Also, now I'm accepting at least 23 percent less than the buy it now and 16 percent less than the buy it now automatically. Another thing is that there are no other offers out there for this UPS, so it difficult to determine it's fair market value or depreciated value. If anyone on here still thinks the price is too high then what do you suggest pricing it at that's not too high or not too low.

Last edited:
The UPS is only 1 year old, but I'm not sure about the battery because I don't know how long it sat on Office Maxes shelves before I bought it. It is like new though and didn't need much cleaning. Also, it includes all the original accessories and packaging. The battery might need replaced though because the unit wasn't charging, even after APC finally made the software available around the time I put this up for sale and I don't know if the battery still charged at all when I listed this, so I'm at a complete loss for words especially considering I don't know which battery this thing uses and don't want to break it trying to take it apart to find out in order to help the buyer and give them the best deal to avoid a bad transaction or deal.

So you are trying to sell something that new has a value of 150 dollars, which needs a new battery(s) which can cost upwards of 100 dollars from APC or half that for similar batteries. Also like new implies that it works LIKE NEW. if it won't charge that description does not apply.

So you are trying to sell something that new has a value of 150 dollars, which needs a new battery(s) which can cost upwards of 100 dollars from APC or half that for similar batteries. Also like new implies that it works LIKE NEW. if it won't charge that description does not apply.

Yes, maybe and that's why I say in the description as is because either the software is crap or the UPS and that's why I will probably never buy an APC UPS again considering the support and the product reliability has been nothing, but terrible since I've bought and owned this. The software wasn't even included with this UPS when I bought it and wasn't available on APC website until I went to put this thing up for sale on eBay.

Last edited:

Also, I actually paid $179 for this plus tax when I bought it too.

I could send this in under warranty to get the battery replaced if it's covered, but I don't think I have the receipt though.

Actually, I determined by calling APC and getting their help that the battery works, but is disconnected to prevent battery discharge, which can prevent recharge and is disconnected for safety during shipping to possibly prevent fires.

Anyway regardless of if any of you think my price is fair or good and considering I'm not price checking anyway because I'm not allowed to on here. I am excepting offers as low as 23 percent of the buy it now and 16 percent or higher of the buy it now will be automatically excepted.

The art of deliberately, cleverly, and secretly pissing people off, usually via the internet, using dialogue.

Listing now has pictures shown of it working and with full battery charge as well as APC powerchute software Current Status.

If I didn't already say it or you can't find where I said it I finally got the battery to charge because all it needed was easily taken out without much disassembly by opening a plastic door, rotating it, and connecting it followed by closing the plastic door. Then plugging the UPS back into the wall 3-prong outlet of course and it works, but afterwards I dissonnected the battery again for shipping preparation by reversing the whole battery connection process to prevent fires or battery power discharge during shipping just as APC did before I purchased it from OfficeMax.

Back