APC battery pack wiring

Joust

Supreme [H]ardness
Guys, I have these large 48v APC battery packs. They fit 12 cells, but maybe had fewer cells per tray. Someone took all the damn battery packs out and I'm not sure how it's wired. 12v cells. Does anyone have a wiring diagram for this? Can take a picture if that helps.

well if it's a 48v pack it's going to be 4x batteries in series... if it fits 12 cells then you have 3 strings of 4 batteries in parallel...

well if it's a 48v pack it's going to be 4x batteries in series... if it fits 12 cells then you have 3 strings of 4 batteries in parallel...
I get that. The number of jumpers in the tray indicates there might have been fewer cells per tray, though. I'm just...unsure. electrically, as long as it's at 48v it shouldn't matter how many batteries are in each tray, I'd think.

as long as it's at 48v it shouldn't matter how many batteries are in each tray

you should be fine... if you put more batteries worst case it just takes longer to charge and misreports it's runtime... not sure what APC unit it is but many will allow you to do a runtime calibration which will charge the batteries then discharge them to "train" the controller if it's a concern

you should be fine... if you put more batteries worst case it just takes longer to charge and misreports it's runtime... not sure what APC unit it is but many will allow you to do a runtime calibration which will charge the batteries then discharge them to "train" the controller if it's a concern
Ive gotten it figured out. 8 cells fit in a different orientation. Two 48v rows that make a single 48v trays. Two trays per pack. Four expansion packs. Lots of batteries.

Back