APC 1250va (with LCD) 89.99 Frys B&M, Online pre-order

I have a very similar APC unit that I bought from Sam's Club several months back. Turned out to be an excellent investment, as it has saved my bacon numerous times when ice or strong winds knocked the power out. It's beefy enough to hold my quad core rig + 37" monitor for several minutes until I can get it safely shut down. The power conditioning is a welcome feature also. I will not be without one from now on, that's for sure.

If you have that power supply doesn't that apply to every ups? Or is it the 8ms it takes to switch power to the battery from landline, i'm just guessing all other power supplies have a really small delay, and then the pfc tries to draw full current to make up for it and causes the overload.

Any hooters i have the 1300VA model and the thing is just insane, i absolutely love it, being able to see your wattage, and other specs on the psu is great, i got mine for $90 and i think it was well worth it debating on this one but not sure what i would use it on...

Unless you're buying a heavily undersized UPS that only gives enough power to do an emergency shutdown it shouldn't be an issue since its a vulnerability in UPSes only barely able to keep the system running; if you're buying on this big though your intent is probably to ride out shorter outages, in which case you need a substantially larger battery anyway.

PIMP MY UPS

- and then we put two 24" LCDs on either side of the ups that retract out when the power goes out lambo style

The local Frys in Las Vegas has these all over the place for $89.98.
They have a big stack of APC 1000's for $169.00 and these APC 1250's right next to them for $89.98...go figure.
I don't have a clue why their website still sez no stock/back order.

primet

Back