Apartment design software?

Discussion in 'General Software' started by drizzt81, Mar 12, 2007.

1. drizzt81

drizzt81 [H]ardForum Junkie

A friend of mine is considering to remodel a part of his apartment building. He would love to create a 3d view of what the new section would look like, since it'll make his decision making process easier. I recommended Google sketchup. While it worked rather well, moving around in sketchup is cumbersome and it is almost impossible to move around a ``person'' model to understand the actual restrictions imposed on him. Since the apartment will be under the roof with angled walls, this is a critical part.

Can you recommend me some better software for this type of task?

2. jmroberts70

jmroberts70 2[H]4U

Chief Architect might be the ticket. It looks pretty slick for doing 3D designs with pretty simple interior view setup. I've not tried it yet but I know they do a free trial version that should at least get you a pretty good idea if it's for you. I managed to find a video download from their website that did a great job of showing off the capabilities of the platform -but then again, "sales presentations" aren't always that trustworthy. Check it out and let us know what you decide.