Apache setup

vapb400

Gawd
For starters I am a total newb at this, but if anyone can let me know what I am doing wrong it would be greatly appreciated.

I want an Apache server to host my website, it will only be one website, so I do not need the Virtual Host and such. I am using an old computer running Fedora Core 2 with Apache 2.0 installed. All this is behind a Netgear MR814 Wireless Router. I have the server hooked directly to the router with one of the switches. The IP address for my server behind the router is 192.168.0.4 and the routers IP is 192.168.0.1. I have a dynamic IP from Cox Internet, and was planning to use dyndns.org (the only dynamic dns supported by my router). Cox blocks port 80 so I need Apache to listen on another port (8080?). I can view the Fedora Core Test Page letting me know apache has been setup correctly if I go to 192.168.0.4 inside my netowork. I have port 8080 requests being forwarded to my server at 192.168.0.4. I cannot get to my server my going to my true IP or by going through dyndns.org.

It is my understanding that ultimately to get around the port block I would go to http://vapb400.dyndns.org:8080 . I would forward my domain to that address.
Code:
#
# Listen: Allows you to bind Apache to specific IP addresses and/or
# ports, in addition to the default. See also the <VirtualHost>
# directive.
#
# Change this to Listen on specific IP addresses as shown below to 
# prevent Apache from glomming onto all bound IP addresses (0.0.0.0)
#
Listen 80
Listen 8080
I am a total Linux/Apache newb so I could have that totally setup wrong.
Are there any other settings I need to change?

Thank you for your time.

ranstlin

Weaksauce
You're going to want to do a virtual host anyway. Do something like this at the bottom of your httpd.conf file:

NameVirtualHost *:8080

<VirtualHost *:8080>
DocumentRoot /home/web <--- wherever the hell your files are for your site.
ServerName vapb400.dyndns.org
ErrorLog logs/error.log <----wherever you want your error log
CustomLog logs/access.log combined <--- how you want the access file to be stored and where.
</VirtualHost>

You can also add the other configuration directives inside that virtual host thing. That should solve your problem. If it doesn't let me know. Good luck.

vapb400

Gawd
thanks, but that didnt help. I think my problem is lying somewhere in the router config, do these screen shots look right?

Screenshot-1.png

Screenshot2.png

ranstlin

Weaksauce
I just tried your link and it seems to be working fine. I see the fedora test page.