Aorus X299 pictured at Videocardz.com

X399 is where it is at - all pcie lanes baby... the x299 is the el cheapo board for the less lane needy folks.

GIGABYTE-X299-AORUS-GAMING-9.jpg
GIGABYTE-X299-AORUS-GAMING-7.jpg
GIGABYTE-X299-AORUS-GAMING-3.jpg

For us lazy folk

At least they didn't use those stupid cheap looking white heatsinks this time, but they went overkill with those RGB LED lights which probably will make the motherboard expensive. Kinda looks like the ASUS Rampage V Extreme 10 though.

X399 is where it is at - all pcie lanes baby... the x299 is the el cheapo board for the less lane needy folks.

This is Intel's new chipset, not AMD.

At least they didn't use those stupid cheap looking white heatsinks this time, but they went overkill with those RGB LED lights which probably will make the motherboard expensive. Kinda looks like the ASUS Rampage V Extreme 10 though.

It was cool to look at but the lighting is so overkill. We're all crazy about something though. My friend loves the lights on this board and wants to upgrade almost just for that.

This is Intel's new chipset, not AMD.

It was cool to look at but the lighting is so overkill. We're all crazy about something though. My friend loves the lights on this board and wants to upgrade almost just for that.

Oh right. AMD is really being retarded entering Intels classic naming convention with thier numbering now.

It confused me because Inwas thinking 299 was the little bro to AMDs 399 coming out.

Last edited:
The auros looks to be a contender for me. I want dual m2 slots. I saw some of the ASRock boards have 3 but I don't need that much. The board I'm really looking forward to is the MSI x299 xpower.

What's the setup of dual M.2? Does it allow hardware level RAID?

You could do that. I'm like German Muscle , I want 2. But I always have a main drive and a storage drive. That way I can always format and reinstall if I want to, and it takes me what 1-2 hours to have a fresh computer. Copy a few games back and I'm done.

I wish someone would make a maximizer/minimizer board. I won't need Sata. Just take them all off. U.2, I can't even find a U.2 Drive, take it off. Onboard sound? Don't need it. Just PCI-E and M.2, USB's and I'm happy, socket 2066, some dimm slots, and maybe that Dimm.2 that you see on a few Asus boards, and of course LAN port. I like having the M.2's away from the video card.

Gigabyte can keep their boards. Still BIOS issues to this day. X99 was a mess with the boot loops. No thanks. MSI or Asrock for me.

Back